Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best exhaust system

Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best exhaust system

I am looking into buying an exhaust system for my 2012 jeep Sahara, I wanting a deep mean sound, and was wondering what a good brand is????
Old 12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MBRP catback's sound great
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Magnaflow sounds awesome. Like a WWII ME-109. Although I doubt many people have heard what that sounds like or flown in one. Its got a real menacing tone to it. Kinda cool. Nonetheless, if you think your 6 is ever gonna sound like an 8 forget it! Try running headers with straight pipes without a muffler and maybe you'll get close. Kidding. The Magnaflow is all stainless, rock solid and tucks up nicely out of the way. Not as much as some but good enough for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-137394087.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	249299
Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if there is a best exhaust system because everyone has a different preference. I run the MBRP and love it. I also have the Gibson ceramic coated headers and the exhaust tone is deep but quiet. I had A Gibson stainless steel dual tip on the JK prior to the MBRP. Took it off because it was noticeably louder than MBRP. It felt like I got a slight power increase also when I made the swap.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust system