Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best exhaust?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been a number of folks that HAVE noticed a slight power increase. But from what I gather adding a Flaspaq, exhaust, and CAI, is were you really feel the difference.....it's kind of a "sweet spot" having all three. I personally have the Flashpaq and Airaid, and noticed plenty. Now I want the exhaust and will probably be done with it. I too don't know which one to get.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

i dont belive there is much noticable power gain, IF ANY, but iv got the Magna flow exaust and it sounds amazing to me, just dont do my mistake and buy the dual gibson cuz they are a piece of junk. just my 2cents
Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The best exhaust system is whatever works for you. In my case, I have a friend who owns a muffler shop. He bend up a very nice custom cat back for me using a round straight through Magnaflow muffler. Did a very professional job at a very reasonable cost. However, for off the shelf ready made parts, I think right now MBRP has the market cornered. Great product, more than one type system to choose from, great customer service and reasonable pricing. Hard to beat that combination. Commercial over now.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

For most cars crush bent pipes are fine. So don't belive all the hype about mandrel bent pipes. For the amount of HP we are making as long as they don't pancake the pipe your fine. Even for those of us boosted with SC kits I found that the cost difference of mandrel bent pipes vs crush bent pipes were negated by simply increasing pipe diameter by 1/4".
Old 02-22-2010, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a big fan of the Dynomax exhaust..After an easy installation I took it for a ride and noticed an better response when I accelerated. Also, it has a good throaty sound to it
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a flowmaster in place of the stock exhaust. Sounds quiet at idle and aggressive under throttle. My Dad has a gibson dual and that rattles your fillings more than give power. My flowmaster gave me some tiny perk at low RPM.

Might move to a dynomax ultraflow in a year or two.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

So MBRP shows the dyno test and claim a 9hp gain at the rear wheels is that just bs or is it just so little gain it's not felt? This is a mod I am seriously considering and I'm very curious.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on th Dynomax, love the sound, no vibration in the cabin.... A little butt dyno boost but really no that much .... I still would do it again because of the nice rumble
Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All exhausts are the same basically. MBRPs is the only one with dyno claims. Steve is on these forums (MBRP Tech 1) - you can ask him directly if you have questions about their systems. The only reason I didn't get the MBRP is due to money being devoted to my new boots.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok...

Great reponses.

So as i sit here looking at the MBRP website I see this:

4 different types of exhaust ranging from 350-510$ and I think to myself.....

if all tat REALLY changes is sound.. why are there higher priced options? That is confusing..

Quick Reply: Best exhaust?