Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best easy up/down softtop for JK

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best easy up/down softtop for JK

I've got a 07 JK Wrangler with a Congo cage, and am tired of having to lift the cage everytime I want to put OEM softtop up or down.
Would welcome opinions on best aftermarket softop that can be put up and down without moving the Congo Cage.
FYI I wrote the makers of the cage, suggesting they make hand tightening front bolts for the Cage, they said they'd pass it on to the engineering group.
Thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe the old trektop not the new nx rolled from front to back. Another option would be the safari, duster bikini combo, I do not have that set up but I read on here that it leaks. I think the safari should come off without having to lift the rack but again I don't have one so I'm not sure.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the old Trek Top and it does roll front to back. It could also be 'slid back' as a removal option (sorry about the grammar).

I've gotten mine one and off in tight overhead spaces. I would think you could get it on and off without having to move your carrier.

Quick Reply: Best easy up/down softtop for JK