Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best door less mirrors??

Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TokenMSJ
Yall are over-thinking this entire mirror thing..

I did this tonight. Driver's side is fine. Passenger side, this does not work. You can't see a car in the mirror unless it's right on your bumper. Perfect for driver's side though.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HAMMA

When I order a pair, I want to find a cheap set of stock mirrors to keep mounted to them so I can just have them ready to go.
Good idea, I think I may do the same!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gldbdg

Good idea, I think I may do the same!
Removing the mirrors on the doors doesn't really take much effort or time. Then you place the mirrors on the Dietechs, loosen one hinge bolt per side, drop the Dietechs in the hinge, tighten the bolts, use the hinge pin fasteners and tighten those.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the truck mirror featured on the first page:
The bolt size is 10x1.25, Metric. (The 1.25 indicates the fine thread).
The length should be a MINIMUM of 50, and that's without using the metal washers that come with the mirror.
I bought and plasti-dipped one yesterday, and today I'll go and get the next larger length size, as I want to use the metal washers. The neoprene will probably get chewed up without them.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottiegirl
I just ordered long stem Harley mirror for left side. I'll have it in time for Jeep festival next weekend. I'll update on how I like it, but research told me vibration is minimal. PA requires one, so rear view is enough. Just wanted one more for safety. Kinda like that little one on the AC vent tho!
I did the same thing, went to my local Harley dealer and picked one up. Very little vibration and sets up with a twist of a nut. It's the only one I run on my rig! Can't beat 30 bucks! Totally recommend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3413027182.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	467208   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1648283530.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	467209   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2226843941.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	467210   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1414558023.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	467211   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3914783298.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	467212  

Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RMucho
Post some pictures.
sure thing
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030033.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	467365Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030032.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	467366
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner

Removing the mirrors on the doors doesn't really take much effort or time. Then you place the mirrors on the Dietechs, loosen one hinge bolt per side, drop the Dietechs in the hinge, tighten the bolts, use the hinge pin fasteners and tighten those.
Well hell! Apparently, the Dietechs don't work with power doors!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Ummm, doors off but you want power to the doors? I think you meant mirrors.

Well, my first post in this thread said that the power will not work. Sorry it was missed. But do you really need to adjust the mirrors once they are already set? Defrosting mirrors on a door less jeep?

Once the mirrors are adjusted to the doors, moving them to the Dietechs will change very little in relation to positioning your field of vision.

If frost on the mirrors is a concern, hypothermia is a bigger issue. It's time to put the doors and roof back on.

I have an 07 JKU with NO power on mirrors but I do have power doors. Curious as to how long the pigtail is for the power mirrors. If power on mirrors for door less rigs is a concern, temporarily tapping wires maybe? But in my opinion it's too much work for very little in return.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 06-14-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Ummm, doors off but you want power to the doors? I think you meant mirrors.

Well, my first post in this thread said that the power will not work. Sorry it was missed. But do you really need to adjust the mirrors once they are already set? Defrosting mirrors on a door less jeep?

Once the mirrors are adjusted to the doors, moving them to the Dietechs will change very little in relation to positioning your field of vision.

If frost on the mirrors is a concern, hypothermia is a bigger issue. It's time to put the doors and roof back on.

I have an 07 JKU with NO power on mirrors but I do have power doors. Curious as to how long the pigtail is for the power mirrors. If power on mirrors for door less rigs is a concern, temporarily tapping wires maybe? But in my opinion it's too much work for very little in return.
Lol. Sorry, I meant mirrors. I don't care about the powers mirrors, I think it was just part of the package. I could care less about the power mirrors and could probably just cut the cord but, was hoping there was an easier method.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gldbdg

Lol. Sorry, I meant mirrors. I don't care about the powers mirrors, I think it was just part of the package. I could care less about the power mirrors and could probably just cut the cord but, was hoping there was an easier method.
I have no idea how long the power leads are for the mirrors. Can you not just pack it into the mirror housing? Or if too long cut a hole in the Dietechs and feed the wires thru? Don't cut he cord! The canbus system may freak out when you replace the doors.

Post a picture of the power leads so others know what to do. As said, I don't have power mirrors but the newer JKs do. I still stand by my opinion that using stock mirrors in the stock location is the best rear view doorless option. With or without doors, you will look at the same spots for mirrors and still have the same depth perception to judge distance and relative approach speed.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 06-14-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Best door less mirrors??