Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best door less mirrors??

Old 06-08-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by burnout88
Dietech offroad mirror brackets are the best hands down.

Die-Tech Off-road Mirror Brackets
Another vote for Dietech : although the mirrors won't have power or heat.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boyfriend put these on my Crush:

Part #: OLY117124
1966-1975 Jeep CJ5 Olympic 4X4 Products Mirror Mirror CJ5
Olympic 4X4 Products
Price: $ 64.99
Free shipping

From Auto Parts Warehouse
Old 06-08-2013, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered long stem Harley mirror for left side. I'll have it in time for Jeep festival next weekend. I'll update on how I like it, but research told me vibration is minimal. PA requires one, so rear view is enough. Just wanted one more for safety. Kinda like that little one on the AC vent tho!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used these mirrors from pepboys they work good for $16 all u need is a bolt, plastic washers, and a nut.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/detai...or/?quantity=1

Optional, but recommended is to make a extender arm from somthing thicker, ex: a short section of 3/4" EMT tubing flattened at both ends.
Cost is $4 for 10ft at hardware store. I had scrap laying around.

I think this setup works best, almost a full size mirror and no noticeable vibrations at highway speeds
Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I can tell, the Mopar relocation bracket and the Rugged Ridge relocation bracket are the same thing, except the Mopar costs more.

Those DieTechs look sweet, but they have the same issue as other hinge-mounted relcation brackets: they occupy the hinge, so you will not be able to add half doors, or throw on your full doors if needed without first having to mess around with moving the mirrors back and forth.
I'm probably going to order the RR brackets so I can use them with half doors later on.

Whatever you do, do NOT get the Lange Quick Mirror II... cheap soft aluminum, stripped set screws, weak plastic knobs, etc. etc. very bad.

Last edited by dustdriver; 06-09-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dustdriver
As far as I can tell, the Mopar relocation bracket and the Rugged Ridge relocation bracket are the same thing, except the Mopar costs more.

Those DieTechs look sweet, but they have the same issue as other hinge-mounted relcation brackets: they occupy the hinge, so you will not be able to add half doors, or throw on your full doors if needed without first having to mess around with moving the mirrors back and forth.
I'm probably going to order the RR brackets so I can use them with half doors later on.

Whatever you do, do NOT get the Lange Quick Mirror II... cheap soft aluminum, stripped set screws, weak plastic knobs, etc. etc. very bad.
OP wants doorless options. The RR relocations are an option, but have a flaw on the passenger side, that is the passenger side location is 75% covered by the dash. Just so you know. The half doors I lIke other than Mopar are Strike Force Zebra.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just today bought a set of Pilot universal mirrors from autozone. $30 for the pair. They work great, look good, had to drill the mirrors mounting holes a little larger, otherwise bolted right up. Huge improvement over my old set of Olympic's that shook like crazy.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:09 PM
JK Newbie

I just don't run any. I have had numerous cops look at me as I pass them through and intersection or oncoming traffic and I have yet to be pulled over. I know, in Indiana, motorcycles aren't required to have mirrors so maybe it's as lenient for Wranglers. However, it is a huge pain to back into a spot, switch lanes on the highway, etc. Whatever though, it's cheaper that way. Lol
Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by k0260
just today bought a set of Pilot universal mirrors from autozone. $30 for the pair. They work great, look good, had to drill the mirrors mounting holes a little larger, otherwise bolted right up. Huge improvement over my old set of Olympic's that shook like crazy.
Post some pictures.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like my RR. They get the job done.

Quick Reply: Best door less mirrors??