Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best door less mirrors??

Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gldbdg

I am guessing the power windows wouldn't work with the relocation brackets. Unless you're rerouting the wiring. Mine are power and I'd rather not lose that
I think you mean power mirrors...not windows.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am guessing the power windows wouldn't work with the relocation brackets. Unless you're rerouting the wiring. Mine are power and I'd rather not lose that
Right. No wire = no power.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

When there off man just set them by hand, I'm not 100 but almost positive you'll be Losing your power windows
Old 06-07-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That air vent mod is kind of cool, but no way in hell would it work for you to look at the passenger side.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by n3tfury
That air vent mod is kind of cool, but no way in hell would it work for you to look at the passenger side.
Nah would be to small. But some places only need one mirror!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the RR Q/R and they're the best I've found so far.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBEII
I have the RR Q/R and they're the best I've found so far.
X2. Looked at a ton of options settled on RR QR II.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes those vent mirrors are small.. You're not trying to read the front license plate or even tell what kinda car it is beside you.. You're just trying to find out if there's something beside you before changing lanes.. If you can't tell if there's something in the mirror that's not always there, you might wanna hang the driving gig up and start taking the bus..

Smallest mirriors I've ever ran on anything were about 1.5" x 3" on an old Shovelhead bobber I had.. Couldn't really see crap out of them with that motor rattling them, but they were good enough to be able to tell if there was anything coming up beside you.. Not to many folks really care to much about getting to close to a 250lb long haired biker on a Harley back in the early 90's though so there wasn't much worry anyway..

Bet if most of you did some digging you'd find the laws in your state don't say anything about the size of the mirror or where they have to be exactly located.. Likely it's just a generic, you've gotta have one, two or three and a basic left, right, center location... If you get pulled over for it, just play nice and point out that you do have mirrors and politely ask the officer why these aren't legal.. But chances are if you get pulled over in a Jeep with no doors, you're likely doing something stupid in the first place... Unless the cop just wants to check out your junk...

Last edited by TokenMSJ; 06-07-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just a heads up..I ordered the Rampage quick release mirrors. They appear to be identical to the Rugged Ridge and are only 29.99 compared to 55. I've had them for a couple of months and have zero complaints.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rampage mirrors.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	465828  
Old 06-08-2013, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dietech offroad mirror brackets are the best hands down.

Die-Tech Off-road Mirror Brackets

Quick Reply: Best door less mirrors??