Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Control Arm Bracket? AEV or Rancho

Old 03-04-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tvan93
Any issue with a lot of these brackets is they are getting close to the price of lca's. Are they really gonna create a smoother ride than control arms?
That would be subjective. Guys that didn't have arms, got the brackets, saw an improvement. Guys with arms don't see a need. Each their own. There is no right or wrong here. Usually the bigger question with the brackets is clearance which usually goes back to how often you wheel and how hard you wheel it.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tvan93
Any issue with a lot of these brackets is they are getting close to the price of lca's. Are they really gonna create a smoother ride than control arms?
Good question. At 2.5 i got a better road ride switching to brackets from TF lowers.
3.5 from brackets to both upper and lower arms, i felt little difference.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

I try to take some measurements on key settings when it is untouched . Then you will have a pretty good baseline to work off of after the lift is installed . I had a reading of 88 on the front diff spreader holes on each side of the diff cover. Installed an AEV 2.5" kit hat came out to 3 3/8" and had 86 degrees on the same locations . Added the AEV Geo brackets and went u to 88.3 like it should of . That is in the 2.5 mounting hole for the upper control arm . I have the option of using the 3.5 or the 4.5 settings also along with Currie adjustable lower control arms
Old 03-04-2016, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
That would be subjective. Guys that didn't have arms, got the brackets, saw an improvement. Guys with arms don't see a need. Each their own. There is no right or wrong here. Usually the bigger question with the brackets is clearance which usually goes back to how often you wheel and how hard you wheel it.
I wheel it pretty well when I do...its just how often I get out is the question lol. So my primary focus is on road ride comfort. But if the clearance is a drastic issue I don't want that. This is all great info to make a decision after I see the specs with none once I get aligned after the lift next week.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Good adjustable control arms and the Geo brackets are no where close in price. Look up Currie adjustable lowers and compare and the control arms which do nothing for the control arm angle which has an effect on the ride.

Last edited by Gary2; 03-04-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I ordered my ProRock, NorthRidge recommended the RK front lower adjustable arms for $279. That's the path I will be taking when my stuff arrives.

Rock Krawler JK High Clearance Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms - RK02015
Old 03-04-2016, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
When I ordered my ProRock, NorthRidge recommended the RK front lower adjustable arms for $279. That's the path I will be taking when my stuff arrives. Rock Krawler JK High Clearance Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms - RK02015
The RK ones are also what I've looked at which in the long run are pretty close in price. As well these are the ones that I have been recommended. I've also been looking at the teraflex alpine a mentioned earlier in this thread. Those seem really solid too.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gary2
I try to take some measurements on key settings when it is untouched
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot of good points here.

Never did go in on the brackets but have owned multiple brands of control arms.

Curries are crazy overpriced. I've owned a set, they were sweet but not 1400 sweet. The metal cloaks are way sweeter for just a tad less cash. My problem with them both was wall thickness, granted I'm not jumping my jeep but I like some beef on my arms. All these companies use steel thinner than these brackets on their overpriced arms.

My current set I went with a local builder and they are twice as thick as any others with curries benchmark johnnies on em. Only paid 800 for the set.

If my jk was a dd primarily, the brackets are the best value hands down. I'm thinking about picking some up just to check em out, it really is a cool add on for not breaking the bank. Especially for those who don't plan on lifting over 3" and driving on road 90 percent of the time.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Check the Core4x4 tier 3 arms with JJ's $800-$900

Quick Reply: Best Control Arm Bracket? AEV or Rancho