Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best clutch!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure what is better about it but I put that Like Centerforce. I have used them in numerous vehicles and have been very happy with them .

David
Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure Why but my transmission guy told me not to use a Centerforce clutch in my jeep ? And it's a Transmission shop that's been in Business for 25 years . He also builds nitro drag mud trucks.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark73
Not sure Why but my transmission guy told me not to use a Centerforce clutch in my jeep ? And it's a Transmission shop that's been in Business for 25 years . He also builds nitro drag mud trucks.
I would ask him why. They are great clutches. The only drawback I can see for some would be the increased pedal pressure and the fact that it has more holding power, which if driven hard, could cause more wear on the drivetrain components.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

I would ask him why. They are great clutches. The only drawback I can see for some would be the increased pedal pressure and the fact that it has more holding power, which if driven hard, could cause more wear on the drivetrain components.
Like I said not sure why ? But he builds some Serious rigs and loves power He has different trucks in all kinds of off-road racing. I asked him about putting a new clutch in maybe Centerforce? He told me not to use Centerforce? Ill ask him why next time I c him ,

Last edited by Mark73; 04-26-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I experienced no additional clutch feel with a centerforce in a JK.

David
Old 05-12-2013, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default center force ll

I have a center force DUAL FRICTION for over 2 years now about 23,000 + miles it started making noises last summer,the noise would go away if you stepped on the clutch a little,now when it warms up it makes the noises more and you have to step harder on the clutch for the noise to go away, sometimes you have to stop completely for the noise to go away,its also a lot harder pedal to push down from day 1.I think my biggest mistake in this install was using a new factory throw out bearing.I just ordered the center force ll clutch from NorthRidge 4x4 will let you know how that goes when finished.I still need to get a T.O.B.National or Centerforce ?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VJDJLucy2
I have a center force DUAL FRICTION for over 2 years now about 23,000 + miles it started making noises last summer,the noise would go away if you stepped on the clutch a little,now when it warms up it makes the noises more and you have to step harder on the clutch for the noise to go away, sometimes you have to stop completely for the noise to go away,its also a lot harder pedal to push down from day 1.I think my biggest mistake in this install was using a new factory throw out bearing.I just ordered the center force ll clutch from NorthRidge 4x4 will let you know how that goes when finished.I still need to get a T.O.B.National or Centerforce ?
If you are having to rider your clutch pedal to make the noise go away, thats your TOB. From what I've read on here, I would have not used a OEM when you replaced that clutch and would definitely replace that at the first opportunity, even thought that is not a fun job on these rigs! I'm looking at Centerforce and SPEC clutches right now since mine is making noise lately as well. I figure after over 100,000 miles it's probably due for a replacement anyhow and I have started wheeling pretty good so I need something that will hold up.

Quick Reply: Best clutch!