Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: BEST CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGER FOR 3.6 PENTASTAR
PROCHARGER (P-1SC-1) SUPERCHARGER
16.67%
RIPP (VORTECH V3) SUPERCHARGER
83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Best centrifugal supercharger for 3.6 pentastar

Old 10-16-2015, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPrince
Good analysis and thoughts. I'll refrain from jumping in as I am installing a Magnuson but will say to look into custom tuning no matter which platform you go with. I am installing a Wideband controller to send logs to an online tuner like Johan with Diablotoona to dial everything in.
Nothing wrong with Magnuson, solid company with good support. I am not crazy about their setup, though many are very happy with their superchargers.

Enjoy it.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

TO: cradled

I see that you voted for ProCharger, do you have one and if so, is it installed? What are your thoughts on it so far?
Old 10-18-2015, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There seem to be so many various cons with each unit. As much as I want more power I just can't pull the trigger...one day I will hopefully do a LS swap because as stated before they can be tuned to no end. I'd rather have exactly what I want them settle for something that isn't perfect. The only drawback is the expense...but I love my Jeep so much that I would consider that payment when I get it paid off. Basically starting over again. That would probably be my best bet. The waiting will suck though.

Your SC quest has been interesting and informative, and has basically affirmed my thoughts to just wait.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wakinvol
There seem to be so many various cons with each unit. As much as I want more power I just can't pull the trigger...one day I will hopefully do a LS swap because as stated before they can be tuned to no end. I'd rather have exactly what I want them settle for something that isn't perfect. The only drawback is the expense...but I love my Jeep so much that I would consider that payment when I get it paid off. Basically starting over again. That would probably be my best bet. The waiting will suck though. Your SC quest has been interesting and informative, and has basically affirmed my thoughts to just wait.
Glad that it is helping someone out, even if it is helping NOT to buy forced induction.

I simply cannot justify the cost of an engine swap, though I would love either a Bruiser Cummins ISF or MoTech LS 5.3.

Quick Reply: Best centrifugal supercharger for 3.6 pentastar