Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best bump stops for setup

Old 09-28-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best bump stops for setup

Hello,
I got the 3.5 Mid Arm Flex from Rock Krawler with RC 2.2 shocks and wondering what would be the best bump stops and size for this setup?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Is the lift already installed? What is the 'actual' lift height? Do you have flats or chopped flares? What size tires?

General rule of thumb, per the FAQ's, is extended bumpstop = lift height.

Those shocks have integrated stops to prevent over-compression, so it is only the uptravel you need to worry about. If you have flats, I'd guess you could run without ext stops. If the fenders are stock, (and if the lift is already on?) disconnect and flex to get an idea of what you need. If the lift is not on, I would personally start with a 2" extension and some trimming. I'm just not a fan of big bump stops to limit the travel you gained with the lift.

From the pic & kit description, you'll also want to consider rear brake lines or at least ext brackets.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Info here: http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...-3-4-lift.html
Old 09-28-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Is the lift already installed? What is the 'actual' lift height? Do you have flats or chopped flares? What size tires?

General rule of thumb, per the FAQ's, is extended bumpstop = lift height.

Those shocks have integrated stops to prevent over-compression, so it is only the uptravel you need to worry about. If you have flats, I'd guess you could run without ext stops. If the fenders are stock, (and if the lift is already on?) disconnect and flex to get an idea of what you need. If the lift is not on, I would personally start with a 2" extension and some trimming. I'm just not a fan of big bump stops to limit the travel you gained with the lift.

From the pic & kit description, you'll also want to consider rear brake lines or at least ext brackets.
it is not on yet. Thank you for input.

Quick Reply: best bump stops for setup