Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best brake pads?

Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brake pads?

All - recommendations? Running 37s and looking for the best aftermarket pads to throw on this round.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Havent used many but, the ones I get at my local auto zone the ceramic max work really well. Nice stopping power too. Also the cermaic from wagner called thermoquiet ( i think ) were wonderful. However I don't have 37'' tires.....................
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

check out hawk pads, bug review/sale by jeepswag i believe. Also raybestos makes pads for our wranglers and they are pretty well known for performance braking.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Autozone has lifetime warranty on their brake pads... yes I said lifetime warranty. Buy a set and when they wear out go to the store buy a new set put them on and go get your money back when you bring in the old pads. They have quite a few to select from and if you do your own maintenance its one hell of a deal. I replace mine every year just because I can.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
Autozone has lifetime warranty on their brake pads... yes I said lifetime warranty. Buy a set and when they wear out go to the store buy a new set put them on and go get your money back when you bring in the old pads. They have quite a few to select from and if you do your own maintenance its one hell of a deal. I replace mine every year just because I can.
Never buy lifetime warranty pads. They destroy the rotors, as they are very hard. Probably the reason they make them. The sooner they sell you rotors, the sooner they make more money off you...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Never buy lifetime warranty pads. They destroy the rotors, as they are very hard. Probably the reason they make them. The sooner they sell you rotors, the sooner they make more money off you...
then you buy rotors with the life time warranty
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Given I have not used everything out there thermoquiets are awesome, great stopping power, very little brake dust, and like the name says very quiet. I have put them on every vehicle I've owned.

That being said I have heard amazing things about hawk brake pads and may just be trying them out soon.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by hamrickac
Given I have not used everything out there thermoquiets are awesome, great stopping power, very little brake dust, and like the name says very quiet. I have put them on every vehicle I've owned.

That being said I have heard amazing things about hawk brake pads and may just be trying them out soon.
Yep Wagner makes good pads. Hawks good too but overpriced IMO.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wagners are what im goin with when i do mine but performance friction make carbon metalic ones that last and grip even better but i dont think they have life time warentes on them and they are about 80+$ a set.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hawks here from Brett at jeep swag. So far no complaints.

Quick Reply: Best brake pads?