Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best of both worlds?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
IMHO, it is not a car, it's a Jeep. You should not be doing "twisties" and reaching 100MPH at any time in a Wrangler, stock or not. If you want to go fast and do twisties, get another vehicle to suit those needs and keep the JK for the excursions.
but why does it matter to you if he wants to do that in his JK? I don't care what you guys do in your Jeeps. Just don't expect me to do the same thing. If he hants to do it I say go for it. There was a Jeep here on campus that the voca guys built (a 2004 TJ with like 10k miles) It had no lift and a retarded flag paintjob,,,, but It had a V8, perf springs (eibach I think), bilsteins, and some street tires. They said it did really well.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
But I said the same thing in 2 sentences right above. Why don't I get an applause?!?!? Just kidding, good speech Red.
lmao @ good speech. That made me LOL. I visualized some guy typing this big long speech up envisioning an alpha male like a big powerful mayor or something but then being a tiny little 4-eye geek. The word "speech" tickled me. lol. awesome.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Man Emu!!

BUT I agree with Reds post that a Jeep is not the right vehicle for
the daily on road driving you mention you do.

Perhaps you have done it but that does not mean it should be done.
It is VERY dangerous doing that in a JK and then lifting it is a whole new
game changing everything.

Last edited by JYogi; 07-10-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!! What size of tires do you plan on running? A TeraFlex 3" LA kit is good for 35" tires. When you get a chance, download the 2009 TeraFlex catalog and take a look our kits. TeraFlex offers more that 24 different kits for just the JK. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks will certainly contact you....people over here are not used to the driving stile in turkey... to me i dont care if its a jeep, its not a matter of what you drive I honestly think It can have both worlds... look at range rover sport and land rover lr3(yes I realise a jk is not as fast...until a hemi is placed) it can handle better than stock on-road and go as fast a stock, and be better off road, its manageable... but most people here have gottne their jk for off-road only, I drive it everyday on freeway, town to town sometimes...so I cant loose time going slow, I realise for you people it might be unstable and dangerous but I know what I drive and I can predict it, put me in a porsche and I probably couldnt drive as bold in that because Im not used to it....but since driving this jeep for a long time I know how it rides what it will do in certain situations. aka its the driver not the ride.. if you knwo whats under you you can push it to the limit and over it, I drive my jeep at the limit, I know when it will let go and break the limit(when its dangerous...) so I can do 160 km on freeway steady while overtaking cars from right and left...(I had to do it when I was rushing my girlfriend who had reaction to her medicine and alcohol...) so yeah. please dont say the excuse its a jeep...it can do it...if you want it to, and can make it..
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Drifting and doing over 100 mph in a stock jeep setup? Do you even own a jeep or rode in one? As for predicting the driving patterns and roll of a Jeep, that is funny as well because it's one of the least predictable automobiles on the road.

I predict two things anyone who drives like that on those roads will end up dead or a vegetable someday, and two not one video of you taking those roads at those speeds ever shows up on this site!

Forgive my tension but as a firefighter I cut way to many innocent dead kids out of cars where morons thought they knew their limits!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Welcome to the forum!! What size of tires do you plan on running? A TeraFlex 3" LA kit is good for 35" tires. When you get a chance, download the 2009 TeraFlex catalog and take a look our kits. TeraFlex offers more that 24 different kits for just the JK. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
I am rockin the 3" short arm with 35s combo. It drives really well. It is actually more stable at speed, and handles better than it ever did before. If you didn't know it was on 35" mud tires there is no way you could tell by driving it. 85mph straight down the highway with one finger on the wheel. no problem. My suspension doesn't ride rough at all but it is nice and flat going around corners. I could only imagine how great the long arm must be. How bought a fat discount on one Joe so I can find out? lol.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 07-10-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KCFIRE187
Drifting and doing over 100 mph in a stock jeep setup? Do you even own a jeep or rode in one? As for predicting the driving patterns and roll of a Jeep, that is funny as well because it's one of the least predictable automobiles on the road.

I predict two things anyone who drives like that on those roads will end up dead or a vegetable someday, and two not one video of you taking those roads at those speeds ever shows up on this site!

Forgive my tension but as a firefighter I cut way to many innocent dead kids out of cars where morons thought they knew their limits!
I do the drifts at freaking U turns on least crowded roads and I dont drift my jeep...just powerslide from turns sometimes thats it... at like 30 mph max?..., also the jeep loses traction easily ever since I got bolt ons and a tune on the diesel....I t might be my lack of english, but I dont drive as bad as you exaggarate or as fast...if road is empty I gun it as fast as it will go... I dont push it if there is traffic....well thats a lie but I do go fater than most of traffic, because whenever I go at speed limit something bad happens as we speak im uploading a video of me doign 180 mph in my brothers 2006 bmw m5.. you can see I can actually handle autobahn speeds...(you make it sound like im trying to break nurburgring lap record in a jeep, No I just drive it at the limit....lke I do with every car) please dont try to make me sound like a ricer kid who just got a jeep, My mother could sleep in the car while I drove her on a 3 hour road trip, so no terrorising the streets....that smooth as for video you want you will have it..

Last edited by RubiconEurope; 07-10-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are going to compare a lifted JK to a Land Rover???

Do you know ANYTHING about center of gravity?
Do you see the Range Rover sitting as high as a lifted Jeep??

NO!!! It wouldn't be able to handle like it does at high speeds if it
was so high.

Sorry but you are obviously a very selfish driver and still a little immature.

I hope you grow up before you seriously hurt someone.

Driving like your talking about in a stock Jeep is asinine and doing that to a Jeep which has been lifted is just flat out stupid.

I will not be back to argue with you about this but grow up and listen to others you are obviously very young and still learning....
Old 07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JYogi
You are going to compare a lifted JK to a Land Rover???

Do you know ANYTHING about center of gravity?
Do you see the Range Rover sitting as high as a lifted Jeep??

NO!!! It wouldn't be able to handle like it does at high speeds if it
was so high.

Sorry but you are obviously a very selfish driver and still a little immature.

I hope you grow up before you seriously hurt someone.

Driving like your talking about in a stock Jeep is asinine and doing that to a Jeep which has been lifted is just flat out stupid.

I will not be back to argue with you about this but grow up and listen to others you are obviously very young and still learning....
I am not selfish have oyu ever pushed your jeep's cornering limits? I realise it handles like crap compared to a car I hate being seen like a spoiled ricer on this forum,I just drive at an area where there is no speed limits on most roads and on others its not enforced... so what im doing is legal and yes i do know what COG is thats why I dont drive the jeep like I would a BMW....I might have came off as too insane, but believe me im not taking corners at 100mph....just on straightaways... I just dont like body roll... im trying to eliminate it much as i can trying to get best out of it... not trying to make jeep something its not

Last edited by RubiconEurope; 07-10-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Best of both worlds?