Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best of both worlds?

Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best of both worlds?

Hello people, from across the pond.... well the area where I live has LOTS and LOTS of corners.... and winding roads, and since there is no speed limits on the freeway here ,I reach 160 km or so during my daily commute... (100 mph?)
So I need a lift kit that will be great off road as it is on-road, that will reduce body roll, and enchance handling better than stock if that is possible at all...or am I just daydreaming? does a lift such as that exist?.. or sway bars?..

Thanks in advance... and I know this isnt a BMW M3, but I like driving through the twisties...
Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, there is no freaking way I would feel safe going 160 with the set up I have... so don't get that
Old 07-09-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

You will need lots of $$.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkman77
You will need lots of $$.
(my jk is stock except for power upgrades) I reach almost 190 km everyday on freeway(with some downhill-ness) and 160 on flats over here..., what about a 3" full-traction long arm lift with 35s? and right gearing, FT rear swaybar and bilstein 5100 shocks...will I have better than stock handling or what?(all the bells and whistles...)

some old video of my annoying friend filming while i gun it..(trying to nto be late to a movie..)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...CRD_649419.htm

Last edited by RubiconEurope; 07-09-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
You want the AEV 3.5" kit. It handles very well on the street.
alot of people on the forum say long arm kits are better? maybe a FT long arm upgrade is compatible with AEV kit as well?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
(my jk is stock except for power upgrades) I reach almost 190 km everyday on freeway(with some downhill-ness) and 160 on flats over here..., what about a 3" full-traction long arm lift with 35s? and right gearing, FT rear swaybar and bilstein 5100 shocks...will I have better than stock handling or what?(all the bells and whistles...)

some old video of my annoying friend filming while i gun it..(trying to nto be late to a movie..)
YOU DRIVE YOUR JEEP STEADY AT 100MPH OR OVER FOR A EXTENDED PERIOD OFF TIME? COMPLETELY STOCK... MAYBE LIFTED JEEP I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE .
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

At 3.5", long arms aren't necessary.

In fact, you might want the tighter handling of a lower short arm lift like the AEV kit.

I did a test ride in a 4dr with a Hemi and the AEV suspension. It cornered very well. With just about any other kit that has a softer suspension, we would have been lifting tires on the corners.
it might not be necessary but my Jk handles like a racecar with a 3" long arm.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

At 3.5", long arms aren't necessary.

In fact, you might want the tighter handling of a lower short arm lift like the AEV kit.

I did a test ride in a 4dr with a Hemi and the AEV suspension. It cornered very well. With just about any other kit that has a softer suspension, we would have been lifting tires on the corners.
So with a long arm kit(even added to the aev kit as upgrade) the jk will handle worse(By the way, as a previous S2000 owner I know few things about handling) tighter and stiffer isnt always better, Im just trying to get best outta my jeep without no sacrifice
Old 07-09-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

you speed demons should ride motorcycles for your shits n' giggles speed fixes. jeeps aren't porche's and not made for high speed cornering or drag strips. be careful dudes. aerodynamics and stability are your foes at those speeds in a jeep!

Quick Reply: Best of both worlds?