Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Body lift? for jk with 4" suspension lift?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Body lift? for jk with 4" suspension lift?

any ideas?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldn't go more than 1". What size tires are you looking to run?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

You can run basically up to a size 40 tire with most of the 4 inch lifts out there if you really need another inch of room I'd go with the Rough Country body lift because its an exact duplicate of the shape that the body will be resting on. Its the only kit that does this and it actually yields a 1"1/4 while the rest just give an inch. Plus the rest if the kits are just round pucks not matching to the shape its replacing.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
You can run basically up to a size 40 tire with most of the 4 inch lifts out there if you really need another inch of room I'd go with the Rough Country body lift because its an exact duplicate of the shape that the body will be resting on. Its the only kit that does this and it actually yields a 1"1/4 while the rest just give an inch. Plus the rest if the kits are just round pucks not matching to the shape its replacing.
its not about bigger tires, i just wanted more lift.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Daystar 1" body kit also has same shape body pucks as the jeeps do. Why not run a spring spacer ?
Old 05-26-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucas
Daystar 1" body kit also has same shape body pucks as the jeeps do. Why not run a spring spacer ?
i dont know, you tell me, i hear that spring spacers put more stress on the springs, where as puck dont put stress anywhere else..
Old 05-27-2012, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nsteele

i dont know, you tell me, i hear that spring spacers put more stress on the springs, where as puck dont put stress anywhere else..
Humm first I've heard of that. I have daystar 1" BL waiting to find time to put it on. I've seen few jeeps in here that use spring spacers Don't see how it puts stress on springs seeing that it sits on top of them. Mkjeep is running 1" body lift and 1" spring spacer with his 4" lift. Looks nice and he said no problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4114294085.jpg
Views:	8065
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	322081

Mkjeep's ride

Last edited by Lucas; 05-27-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucas
Humm first I've heard of that. I have daystar 1" BL waiting to find time to put it on. I've seen few jeeps in here that use spring spacers Don't see how it puts stress on springs seeing that it sits on top of them. Mkjeep is running 1" body lift and 1" spring spacer with his 4" lift. Looks nice and he said no problems.

Attachment 322081

Mkjeep's ride

are those 35s or 37s? and is that a total of 6" im assuming?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nsteele

are those 35s or 37s? and is that a total of 6" im assuming?
Yes it's a total of 6". Just using him as example : he has both and has no issues but you may need to check to see if you will need other stuff with the coil spring spacer if you go that route ( drag link flip kit, make sure shocks you have will work with extra inch, pinion angles, drive shafts, etc ) but as far as body lifts there little more simple and Easier to install only if you have a 6 speed manuel you may have to get shifter extension to keep shifter in gears. And yes he's running 37" tires with Teraflex 4" suspension teraflex 1" coil spacers, & daystar 1" body lift
Old 05-27-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive been thinking of adding a body lift recently too. 2.5 inch lift was really awesome when I got it, but now I want to go taller.

Does anyone know for sure on the coil spacers? I hadn't even thought of those but it's nice to have options.

Quick Reply: Best Body lift? for jk with 4" suspension lift?