Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best black trim restore?

Old 11-13-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what a lot of body shops use, and I have been using it for over 3 years. Once a year in the spring, and all I ever have to use is warm water from then on to keep the bumpers and black plastic trim looking new.
I do use 303 on my soft top, and interior plastics, but this stuff is miles ahead of it or anything else I have found. I just never bought into the TV ads for the Wipe New.( 52 car washes and the masking tape is still sticking to the car!), and for the amount you get in a bottle for the price makes it no cheaper than what I get the refinisher for. Never really cared for the idea of putting peanut butter on my vehicle either, but some say it works great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Refinish Restorer.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	584182  
Old 11-13-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangled
This is what a lot of body shops use, and I have been using it for over 3 years. Once a year in the spring, and all I ever have to use is warm water from then on to keep the bumpers and black plastic trim looking new.
I do use 303 on my soft top, and interior plastics, but this stuff is miles ahead of it or anything else I have found. I just never bought into the TV ads for the Wipe New.( 52 car washes and the masking tape is still sticking to the car!), and for the amount you get in a bottle for the price makes it no cheaper than what I get the refinisher for. Never really cared for the idea of putting peanut butter on my vehicle either, but some say it works great.
My bro in law is a painter and just told me about this recently....I'm gonna pull the trigger on it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 11-13-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Old School Armour all.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Carpro DLux
Old 11-13-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Ultima trim guard plus or if you want to go crazy get gtechniq c4 permanent trim restorer. I've used both and they work amazing. 303 aerospace looks great but doesn't last long. Ultima may give you a couple months where c4 about 18 months to 2 years.

Check out autogeek, just be warned you may get addicted!

Last edited by V8killerturbo4; 11-13-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Quick Reply: best black trim restore?