Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Bet on a 2" Budget Boost

Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Bet on a 2" Budget Boost

Hello all...

I think i'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and go with a 2" spacer-type lift, instead of trying to fit 33's with just front spacers. Whats my best bet on a 2" spacer lift? I want something thats going to closely get me to being level, if at all possible. I know full-traction seems to be very popular on this site, but what about Black Diamond, Skyjacker, etc? Looking for some insight here. Thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I may be heading down the same path soon although I will stick to 32's for the time being. Superlift's 2'' lift and Black Diamonds are the exact same thing. That being said Im thinking about Skyjacer, Rubicon Express, or Full Traction for a 2'' budget boost.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Full Traction is popular here because they make great products. But, having said that, you forgot to mention TeraFlex in your list. They have a great 2.5" budget boost that you can get with shock extensions for cheap
Old 02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since you are going with 33s I say do what im doing. I have the FT 2 inch and I took the rear spacers to a machine shop and had them take 1/2 inch off so It will lift the front 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. Should be pretty level. I plan on doing the install sometime this week so Ill be sure to post pics.

When I add the front bumper/winch I will be replacing the front spacers with the teraflex spacers due to the extra wieght of the front bumper. I will also be adding a adjustable front track bar and running aftermarket shocks on the front but not the back.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

here's a second recommendation for Teraflex 2.5 BB with shock extensions. Love mine!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

TEV wrote: I have the FT 2 inch and I took the rear spacers to a machine shop and had them take 1/2 inch off so It will lift the front 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. Should be pretty level.

I might have missed something here, but if they took a half inch off the rear then wouldnt it be two in front an one and a half in the rear? Just curious because two in front and one in back seems like it would be a nice setup.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not quite looking for the amount of lift that the Terraflex 2.5 gives, plus I notice the terraflex "nose downs" pretty bad. nothing a spacer wont fix, but Im trying to figure whats gonna get me pretty close to level without a spacer. Only thing I plan on doing to the front is a LoD bumper without a winch.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

For 33's, I'd just get 2 sets of the 3/4" front spacers and stack them. You might even get by with one set, but 2 should make it just about level. Skyjacker makes these and you can buy just the front spacers(no rear ones and no other small unnecessary parts), and they are pretty cheap, about $30 or so I think.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:02 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sonofshin
TEV wrote: I have the FT 2 inch and I took the rear spacers to a machine shop and had them take 1/2 inch off so It will lift the front 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. Should be pretty level.

I might have missed something here, but if they took a half inch off the rear then wouldnt it be two in front an one and a half in the rear? Just curious because two in front and one in back seems like it would be a nice setup.
on the FT 2 inch kit it comes with 1.5 inch rear spacers and 2 inch front spacer. I had them take .5 inches off the rear so it took it down to 1 inch. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put the FT 2" on and didnt like the rake. I have since added an addiditional
3/4 inch spacer to the front, now my two door sits within 1/8 in of dead level.
added 1 1/4 wheel spacers to the stock wheel to push the 285-75-16 s out to the corners.

Love it

Quick Reply: Best Bet on a 2" Budget Boost