Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best bang for your buck Lift kit?

Old 02-27-2007, 01:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd rather have a more complete kit now and worry about height later. adj. control arms, adj. track bars, sway bar links, and decent shocks. when i jumped up nearly 5" in my TJ with an economy kit, i was miserable while i piece-mealed the rest together.

i'd really suggest a complete kit, around 3-3.5", and maybe a BL to clear the 35's a little better.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A body lift is not necessary, they are actually a real pain in the arse. For some reason, the black diamond lift and superlift don't get as much credit as they should. Personally there are a few things that sold me on these kits. One they had as much R&D into their kits as anyone else, possibly even more with the access that they have to their own offroad park. Secondly, they offer the most amount of parts for a basic kit then anyon on the market. Some may not like cam bolts to adjust the caster, but I think we all can agree that it is better then nothing. It comes with an adjustable front track bar, no one else in this price range does. Finally, I have not heard one bad word about it from anyone who has bought it. Check out this article for a full review of the kit. http://www.rockcrawler.com/trailrepo...2006/index.asp
Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the imput guys if anyone else has anything to contibute to this convo please do so

thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Just bought the 4" superlift and it came in the mail yesterday! well most of it. I'll let you know how it goes. superlift, skyjacker, tera, etc your not going to go wrong they all know what there doing and to put it straight shit is going to break and wear no matter what kit you buy.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

I went with FT's 3"ultimate (big thanks to Dave @ Northridge). It definitely is not the cheapest SA kit, but it does come with adj upper and lower CA's, adj front/rear TB's (check it out Northridge's website). Its in the $1600 price range plus you also need shocks. Highly recommend Northridge (member of several other sites and have not heard one complaint of bad customer service).
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by degenerate
i'd rather have a more complete kit now and worry about height later. adj. control arms, adj. track bars, sway bar links, and decent shocks. when i jumped up nearly 5" in my TJ with an economy kit, i was miserable while i piece-mealed the rest together.

i'd really suggest a complete kit, around 3-3.5", and maybe a BL to clear the 35's a little better.
X2! Adj arms and track bar is a must!

I opted for the 3" Full Traction Economy. I have added the front adj track bar and front upper adj control arms. I am happy with the ride with those additions. That being said, I will keep adding the rest of the control arms as they become available, until I have the ultimate kit.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Hey thanks once again guys

I think I have made up my mind and will be going with the full traction kit, seems to be a good way to go and like rubimon said its easy to upgrade when you can or need to.

I was also looking at the write up rubimon has for the kit and its great and would be a very good help its nice to have people around that are willing to do that!

Thanks for the help guys!!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Burton12

I was also looking at the write up rubimon has for the kit and its great and would be a very good help its nice to have people around that are willing to do that!

Thanks for the help guys!!
Glad you enjoyed my write up! But it was more my Jeep and wayoflife's write up. I was just a laborer and there to remind him to not forget to take pictures! Oh, and the pay was horrible. Aren't there minimum wage laws in this country? I'm writing my congress man!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
X2! Adj arms and track bar is a must!

I opted for the 3" Full Traction Economy. I have added the front adj track bar and front upper adj control arms. I am happy with the ride with those additions. That being said, I will keep adding the rest of the control arms as they become available, until I have the ultimate kit.
I agree! That's a great way to ease from the basic into a full suspension. I plan on doing the same thing with my Black Diamond kit. Buying the basic kit then adding the other components as your budget allows is a nice way not have to dig as deep into your pockets all at once. I just won't have to buy an adjustable front track bar since it already comes with the Black Diamond (or SuperLift) kit.

If you can afford it buy the entire suspension kit at once, if not start with the basic kit and add parts as you can.

Quick Reply: Best bang for your buck Lift kit?