Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best bang for your buck Lift kit?

Old 02-26-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best bang for your buck Lift kit?

I'm in the process of getting a lift kit its just hard to make up my mind, Keep in mind thats its for a 2dr and I'm looking to run 35" X 1.5" tires

Looking for sugestions or just some basic advice

thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Superlift or Black Diamond. The 4" is the best bang for the buck to me. Search, it has been covered many times.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

35" X 1.5" tires?! Talk about monster pizza cutters

In all seriousness, how much can you afford to spend? If you can, you really should consider getting a 3" kit that comes complete with an adjustable front track bar as well as adjustable upper front and lower control arms front and rear. This is the only way you can really dial in your ride after a lift of this height. But, if you don't have the cash, you can always get a basic economy kit to get you started and then add on the extra parts as you can afford them
Old 02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

haha my bad with the tire specs... 12.5 but I'm pretty sure you got that

Right now I'm just really looking for something to get me up and rolling I'm willing to spend 500-900 on the suspension

thanks for the help guys keep it up!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I believe Rusty's is the best bang for the buck. I asked this same questions on two other forums and they both said Rusty's.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Burton12
haha my bad with the tire specs... 12.5 but I'm pretty sure you got that

Right now I'm just really looking for something to get me up and rolling I'm willing to spend 500-900 on the suspension

thanks for the help guys keep it up!
If that's the case, I would probably recommend the Full Traction 3" Economy lift or the TeraFlex 3" Lift Kit. Both have what you need to get you up and rolling for the budget you have and both can be easily upgraded as needed.

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-26-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very satisfied with my skyjacker. Ride is very close to stock. I'll let you know how it wheels after this weekend.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

So If I were to get a Full Traction 3" Economy lift or the TeraFlex 3" Lift Kit what would be the first things or thing I would want to upgrade?

I was just looking at the Full Traction Suspension 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler
3″ Economy Lift Installation Write-Up looks good and would be very helpful if I were to decide on the kit

also looking forward to hearing how the skyjacker lift works for ya igofshn.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I got the Black Diamond 3" kit, it comes with an adjustable front track bar, which is something most of the other kits don't offer in their basic package. Including shocks, it was $579 including shipping. I am not going to use the new caster re-alignment cams they send in the kit, I plan on upgrading the front upper and lower arms in the future anyway. My kit is supposed to be here this Wed., I plan on installing it this weekend and am going to try and take pics and do a writeup on it if time permits.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Congratz on the Kit red rock, I hope it turns out well for you and if you could keep me posted that wouls be a great help for me

thanks

Quick Reply: Best bang for your buck Lift kit?