Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best bang for the buck lift...

Old 05-30-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x3 rustys, 3.25, rides great, springs shocks and trackbar, and order some extended swaybar links.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

I give my vote for the Rough Country 4", rides good and handles great. Very simple kit that is upgradeable as you go. And cant beat a lift that one can install in 1.75 hours.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
I was looking at the RC 4"...did you add anything or just how it came out of the box?
How's the ride?
Just as it came.

It rides nicer than stock but I dont have a front sway bar.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Say I get the RC 4" lift....would it be more ecconomical to just get a complete kit? By time I order the track bars, and control arms, pay for shipping on everything...know what I'm getting at?
Not sure, just curious.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

I give my vote for the Rough Country 4", rides good and handles great. Very simple kit that is upgradeable as you go. And cant beat a lift that one can install in 1.75 hours.
1.75 hrs. Are you serious? I just received my RC 4" lift and went through the box and bags of hardware to make sure everything was there. Don't know when I'll install it. Seem like I am getting conflicting info about whether to change my rear driveshaft. Some say yes and some say no, no problems.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bodo
1.75 hrs. Are you serious? I just received my RC 4" lift and went through the box and bags of hardware to make sure everything was there. Don't know when I'll install it. Seem like I am getting conflicting info about whether to change my rear driveshaft. Some say yes and some say no, no problems.

With a 2dr you will need to change your DS....
Old 05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I havent changed the DS yet and so far no problems with binding or vibes. The biggest thing I could suggest for an easy install, always read the instructions through several times. Become familiar with the process and tools required for the task. Air tools help a lot also with the rear suspension as all the bolts are accessable with an impact wrench. There are a few "unclear" parts in the RC install sheet, I believe they tell you to do the front first but the rear factory sway bar links get used on the front........ so doing the rear first makes more sense. The tool list they give is also incomplete and a few more tools are required, nothing an adjustable wrench wont fix.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
X2. I don't have one(other than my trackbars), but If I had it to do over again and wasn't going with a fully adjustable lift, I'd get the Superlift. I like the componets, it's well thought out, and best bang for the buck.
Agreed...I'm picky and poor. I couldn't be happier with my lift. I would opt for the bilstien shocks, from what I've heard the cheaper Superlift ones ridekinda harsh. The nice thing is you can always upgrade the control arms later..though I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary. Good luck, I know what you're going through trying to decide
Old 06-01-2008, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

I got around $500 or $600 into my 4 inch lift. Ride is close to stock. No alignment issues (I only adjusted the steering wheel angle). Great preformance and no issues at all.

Black Diamond (Superlift) 3 inch springs. These will give you 4 inches of lift..

Rancho 5000 shocks for a 4 inch lift.

Rear track bar adjuster bracket.

I went with Terreflex sway bar disconnects for a 4 inch lift in the front.

Brakets to move your brake lines lower

Spacers to lower the mounts on the rear sway bar.

That's it. I wanted to go seperate components because I did not like any of the kits, and add components as I built it up. I was happy with the outcome so far so have made no other mods. I am worried about the track bar bracket, as many have reported breakage, and I am keeping an eye on the drive shaft. I have over 10,000 miles and lots of offroading on this set up.

Very happy and love the price.

Good luck.

Last edited by dpoelstra; 06-01-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:16 PM
JK Freak

rough country 4" suspension kit... comes with everything you need for like 575 and i they do a forum discount i beleive. I'm super happy with mine and i believe toad is running the same kit and last i heard was happy with hers too.

Quick Reply: best bang for the buck lift...