Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Aftermarket Driveshaft?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best Aftermarket Driveshaft?

Which one is the Best??

i need to know ASAP because my warranty service is covering all my Jeep's powertrain problems and leaks and also the ripped vibrating driveshaft. So i asked to replace a new stock driveshaft ($780.00) with an aftermarket for cheaper than that plus it's stronger and will outlive my current warranty anyway.

So which is the best?
i'm leaning towards Teraflex due to their Jeep specific parts and how heavy duty their stuff is.

I would like to know tonight so they can order all my parts tomorrow.
Price is no option as long as it's $600 or lower.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear a lot of good things about the Coast aftermarket driveshafts. That is what I will be going with eventually...and they don't seem terribly expensive either.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a Tom woods and haven't had problems. As long as u get a 1310 or 1350 double cardon style from a reputable manufacturer u will be good. As long as it's installed right, and maintained properly.
Heck axle exchange by me is good too!

Last edited by rinkishJK; 02-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Junkie

i've heard alot of good things about coast! they are one of my considerations.

also, if anybody on here knows the teraflex front kit with yokes, is that kit all bolt on? the dealership only wants to replace the shaft and not have to tear the front diff or transfercase apart.

Thanks in advance guys i know alot of you are quick to the punch
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile JK Driveshaft

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Which one is the Best??

i need to know ASAP because my warranty service is covering all my Jeep's powertrain problems and leaks and also the ripped vibrating driveshaft. So i asked to replace a new stock driveshaft ($780.00) with an aftermarket for cheaper than that plus it's stronger and will outlive my current warranty anyway.

So which is the best?
i'm leaning towards Teraflex due to their Jeep specific parts and how heavy duty their stuff is.

I would like to know tonight so they can order all my parts tomorrow.
Price is no option as long as it's $600 or lower.
I purchased a front 1310 driveshaft with yokes for my 09 JK Unlimited Rubicon from "Tom Woods" 4x4shaft.com.
$ 450 shipped. Look at some of the various Jeep websites and you'll find many Jeepers with that brand. They come highly recommended. The price is right.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this thread is like asking what tires are best...everyone is going to have an opinion....from what i've read through the years on here is, that all the major brands are all good...I went with Coast
Old 02-24-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by funtimes
I think this thread is like asking what tires are best...everyone is going to have an opinion....from what i've read through the years on here is, that all the major brands are all good...I went with Coast
I've got to agree here. Tom Woods is good. I've heard Arizona Driveline is good. Most of the retailers are good (TF, RE, etc.). If you know what you have and what you want, you can go local as well. I've used Driveline Service on many occasions.
They are pretty much all the same. Your only difference is how good the u-joints and CV's are.

Good luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Coast is what I prefer. Made in america with made in america parts

David
Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

how long are these aftermarket shafts warrantied for? i know they won't be covered if they'd bent over a huge rock or damaged, but how about from daily driving? anybody know?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
i
also, if anybody on here knows the teraflex front kit with yokes, is that kit all bolt on? the dealership only wants to replace the shaft and not have to tear the front diff or transfercase apart.
You do want new yokes on the driveshaft. Pay the labor for swapping them, or have the dealership buy and you install. There are several writeups on the process.

Here is a little positive reinforcement in a thread titled : "Why you dont buy Flanged Shafts".
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Flanged-Shafts

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Driveshaft?