Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best aftermarket bumper

Old 06-25-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackop4hire
I like the look of at least a mid width if not full width. I think it looks clean when the winch sits between the frame rails and I also want to retain the fog lights. I've heard bad things about aev so I haven't really considered them

EOD
I have been running an AEV bumper going on 5 years now. They have changed over the years so there is more tire clearance than before, more winch options, and even better paint finish than some of their earlier ones.

Most of the complaints for AEV are that their suspension uses brackets or isn't complete, but the same argument could be made about other companies, or rust along the seam of the bumper, which they have released a kit for older bumpers so they have addressed the potential issue in states using MagCl.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackop4hire
I like the look of at least a mid width if not full width. I think it looks clean when the winch sits between the frame rails and I also want to retain the fog lights. I've heard bad things about aev so I haven't really considered them

EOD
I have a Warn Elite full width and fit and finish is excellent and take the factory fogs and recesses the winch well.........
Old 06-25-2014, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SHOELESS
I have a Warn Elite full width and fit and finish is excellent and take the factory fogs and recesses the winch well.........
Unless Warn has changed their design,, I would stay clear of them. When I was installing my rear bumper, a M.O.R.E. product, I had a friend over who was having trouble getting his bumper, a Warn, adjusted so his tail gate would not slide across the top as it opened. In order to get it to work,, we had to oblong the mounting holes on the frame rail flanges. Additionally,, while his bumper was on the ground, I accidentally kicked the frame flange and it went "Booiiiinnngggg" back and fourth. Very flimsy. I tried kicking the same flange on my M.O.R.E. and almost broke my toe,, as there was no give or play whatsoever. Just my experience.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

I would recommend to go with ACE. Their products are guaranteed. See the pics in my profile. I have rear bumper with tire carrier and hi-lift mount, rock rails, front bumper, gusset reinforcements from ACE.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 AM
JK Junkie

Check out VKS Fab also. Google search it and it will be the first results to come up. They do some great work and priced pretty reasonable also. 100% American made.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Da10A
If you live where roadsalt is used in the winter, you better choose wisely, for steel bumpers will look good until winter comes, and within a few months of roadsalt will look like absolute crap, powdercoated or not.

So if you go ahead with steel, seriously consider having it linex'd prior to installation.

TJM use to makes a stainless steel bullbar.

Sent from a nearby galaxy...
This TJM bumper?

Jeep JK Wrangler T3 Winch Bar Steel | TJM Australia | 4x4 Accessories

Or this one?

TJM JEEP WRANGLER ROCK CRAWLER BUMPER FITS JK 07+ | EXPEDITION READY
Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

This is actually pretty simple.

Originally Posted by afpilot82
This is like asking what's the best lift Rancho or what's the best beer COLD .
Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like them both, I tend to prefer the stubby style, but I'm like that with my 10A bumper too. one month it is full lenght, and the next month I cannot help but to remove the ends and stubby it.

with a small lift and more aggressive tires, the stubby look makes it look serious. the full lenght, more city ready...you know.

Back to the TJM, not sure any of these two are stainless steel.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Da10A
I like them both, I tend to prefer the stubby style, but I'm like that with my 10A bumper too. one month it is full lenght, and the next month I cannot help but to remove the ends and stubby it.

with a small lift and more aggressive tires, the stubby look makes it look serious. the full lenght, more city ready...you know.

Back to the TJM, not sure any of these two are stainless steel.

I got the 10A/Rubicon X bumper from anther Jeep owner. I prefer the stubby also. I did the full for about a week then switched to stubby. Keep thinking of selling this bumper to someone who would appreciate the 2 ways to run the bumper.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2262066296.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	562002

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2317370414.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	42.6 KB