Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best adjustable control arms for dd?

Old 02-19-2013, 02:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 on the JKS fixed.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am not saying I know all the arms on the market and in fact when speaking about rubber bushings, JKS came to my mind (I know they use them in their trackbars), so out of curiosity, whats wrong with MC (btw. they are no longer banned on here, so you can use their name).
Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 AM
xed
JK Newbie

I recently replaced all of my Skyajacker lower control arms with Terraflex adjustable arms. The original arms used poly bushings that kept wearing out even after 6 months having recently replaced them.

The ride difference with Johnny joints are negligible from the point of view of roughness. The big difference for me is that my drive line vibrations are gone with my 4" lift on 2 door.

Last edited by xed; 02-20-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys

Thanks for the support! To the op, if you have any questions about our products please let us know. Our control arms do have nice high clearance bends, are made from solid alloy steel, have heavy tubing end welded to the arm. Our Krawler Joints are well proven and very easily rebuilt! We offer a lifetime warranty on the arm itself as well. Go ahead and abuse it with confidence!

RK
Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by hamrickac
I've heard brands like currie with jj's will be really rough for my drive (100 miles round trip of pot hole covered, neglected, twisty turny WV roads)
Not true at all.

Your not going to "feel" a difference between the factory rubber and the johnny joint. If anyone tells you different they are full of it. On my personal Jeep I went from factory rubber to the Johnny joint. No difference at all.

I drive the 91 freeway in LA to work everyday (64 mile round trip) its full of holes, cracks, bumps you name it. The ride did not change.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

For the money you can't beat Rough Country's X-Flex adjustable arms. Metalcloak's joints out flex everything else on the market. There won't be any difference on the road between those two or anything in between like Teraflex or Rock Krawler.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the RK ones because they are basically maintenance free for years. No need to grease like others. As far as riding harder than stock arms....I wish I could honetly say but I do know my Jeep rides stiifer than it did when I had stock arms and my 2.5" TF lift. Not sure if the "rougher" ride is function of the coils or the control arms. I am running same brand shocks so it shouldn't be those. If the OP does wheel (and it sounds like he does if he crauched his mounts), getting a set of arms with am abise proof warranty (written warranty) is a nice feature. RK has that warranty but I seriously doubt I will ever be able to break one of these arms. If I do, I think that will be the least of my issues!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Just ordered a set of front upper and lowers from Metal cloak today. The video sold me.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
I like the RK ones because they are basically maintenance free for years. No need to grease like others. As far as riding harder than stock arms....I wish I could honetly say but I do know my Jeep rides stiifer than it did when I had stock arms and my 2.5" TF lift. Not sure if the "rougher" ride is function of the coils or the control arms. I am running same brand shocks so it shouldn't be those. If the OP does wheel (and it sounds like he does if he crauched his mounts), getting a set of arms with am abise proof warranty (written warranty) is a nice feature. RK has that warranty but I seriously doubt I will ever be able to break one of these arms. If I do, I think that will be the least of my issues!
A less then 5 minute grease job every oil change is hardly anything to get worked up about... A couple shots of Lucas Red N' Tacky and your on your way. My vote is for TeraFlex although I am sure any other arms are just as quality.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
Not true at all.

Your not going to "feel" a difference between the factory rubber and the johnny joint. If anyone tells you different they are full of it. On my personal Jeep I went from factory rubber to the Johnny joint. No difference at all.

I drive the 91 freeway in LA to work everyday (64 mile round trip) its full of holes, cracks, bumps you name it. The ride did not change.
I agree with this completely, just common sense tells us that the springs and shocks gives us the ride. The control arms are just pivot points and replacing bushing suck guys. Been trying to get that new ride back by replacing the front control arm bushing with Energy Suspension parts.

The rear control arms is why I'm reading up on this thread and thinking replacing them with Johnny Joint type.

PS: Quadratec sold them to me, hope its ok to mention above name

Quick Reply: Best adjustable control arms for dd?