Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best adjustable control arms

Old 10-31-2016, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I went from heim joints to metal cloak and there is a big difference in the two, the metal cloak actually feel squishy to me when compared the how tight things feel with heim joints. Then there is the noise you get from heim joints where the metal cloak joints are really maintenance free and work.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I went from heim joints to metal cloak and there is a big difference in the two, the metal cloak actually feel squishy to me when compared the how tight things feel with heim joints. Then there is the noise you get from heim joints where the metal cloak joints are really maintenance free and work.
So which do you prefer? Are you liking the squishy feeling from the Metalcloak Joints?
Old 10-31-2016, 08:07 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Actually I like Ballistic joints.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a big fan of the Metalcloak arms and joints.
I have had them on my first jeep for over 4 years. I took the bushings out and greased them 2 years after I got them and they still looked new. Haven't touched then since.
That jeep has been wheeled at various parks all over the U.S. Alabama, Missouri, Hot Springs Arkansas, moab, and other places in Utah. Arms and bushings are still going strong.
I now have them on my 2nd jeep.
I also like how the arms line up in brackets so the bushings are aligned. Most others are misaligned as soon as you put them in.
I feel like the ride better than some of the previous arms I had. The bushings seem to take some of the sharp edges of the bumps.
I had them paired with synergy springs and Fox shocks on my first rig.
Plan on running the full Metalcloak lift with king shocks on my 2nd one.

Quick Reply: Best adjustable control arms