Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 4"+ lift if Money was no Object

Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BayouJeeper
One more quick question? What are the top and bottom spring rates on the recommended 2.0 King Coilovers with 12" travel, like the ones that are on WOL's rig?...and is there any reason why the remote reservoir is preferred over the Piggyback other than price? I have a "short arm" kit with 37's and Clayton adjustable arms so I will be using the same shocks as WOL I'm assuming.
LOL!! i seriously doubt that off road evolution will be telling anyone what the spring rates are after spending thousands of dollars to figure out what works t the best regarding remote reservoirs, i'll let evolution answer that. aside from that, you will be using the same setup as what i have and it should work great with the claton arms

Last edited by wayoflife; 10-09-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! i seriously doubt that off road evolution will be telling anyone what the spring rates are after spending thousands of dollars to figure out what works t the best regarding remote reservoirs, i'll let evolution answer that. aside from that, you will be using the same setup as what i have and it should work great with the claton arms
apologies, I didn't realize or consider the time and development in figuring out the spring rates alone. I guess that makes sense as to how they achieved the superb on and off road ride quality. I would keep it closely guarded as well considering the testing that went into dialing the system in. I'm not that familiar with coilovers and "baja racing insired setups" so forgive my nescient questions. How long did you wait in between having the front coilovers installed and the evolever in the rear?

Last edited by RAZORBACK; 10-09-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 PM
JK-Forum Founder

apologies, I didn't realize or consider the time and development in figuring out the spring rates alone. I guess that makes sense as to how they achieved the superb on and off road ride quality. I would keep it closely guarded as well considering the testing that went into dialing the system in. I'm not that familiar with coilovers and "baja racing insired setups" so forgive my nescient questions. How long did you wait in between having the front coilovers installed and the evolever in the rear?
actually, i had both installed at the same time.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

actually, i had both installed at the same time.
Wow, that must have been a long day. (for the installers)
Old 10-10-2008, 05:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Wow, that must have been a long day. (for the installers)
actually, it was a few days. since we were covering the install, we asked for them to take their time and i just left my jeep at the shop.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

actually, it was a few days. since we were covering the install, we asked for them to take their time and i just left my jeep at the shop.
another question. Is changing over to the coilovers going to effect my driveshaft angle enough to worry about a new driveshaft. I already had an aftermarket 1310 front driveshaft installed with the clayton arms and lift.
Hope I'm not going to need another one. Should be staying between 4 1/2" and 5" of lift.

Last edited by RAZORBACK; 10-19-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by beardiron
AiRock is a definite must if quality and control mean anything. You can keep all the stock geometry on the highway running 37" tires. And when you want to play off road, you press the up arrow and lift as high as you need. The left/right/forward/back tilt feature is nice too for putting weight where you need it.
I was recently out with someone who had experience with three differnt JK's with AiRock and he was impressd by the AR system.

My question is if AiRock would be that much better with a long arm suspension. I've seen the TerraFlex lately and liked the way it looked. My wife has finallly stopped bitching about the difficulty of getting in with the 4.5" lift and 35's (she sees how much better we do in comparison to vehicles closer to stock); but I think going to 37's would be a bit much for her (she has a bad knee) unless I went with the AiRock with it's entry mode. I guess what I'm wondering is do the AiRocks bags have sufficient travel to make a long arm system like the TerraFlex worthwhile?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I know that my plans for an ultimate kit for me is the AEV/Nth 4" with AiRock coild replacements, and Clayton arms.
What would be the purpose of going with AEV/Nth Degree? What's left? Isn't their claim to fame a good ride due to their springs? Why not just buy the whole Clayton kit minus the springs and then go AiRock?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

another question. Is changing over to the coilovers going to effect my driveshaft angle enough to worry about a new driveshaft. I already had an aftermarket 1310 front driveshaft installed with the clayton arms and lift.
Hope I'm not going to need another one. Should be staying between 4 1/2" and 5" of lift.
nope. you should be just fine. besides, the whole point of going with coilovers is that you get to get awesome flex without having to lift your jeep sky high. in fact, on my JK, i got to lower it about an inch after getting mine installed.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuck45
What would be the purpose of going with AEV/Nth Degree? What's left? Isn't their claim to fame a good ride due to their springs? Why not just buy the whole Clayton kit minus the springs and then go AiRock?
There is also the steering geometry kit, the new track bar brackets (that are very heavy duty), a future stinger kit, and tie rod flip kit with the Nth kit. In the past it was very common to find AiRock owners running the Nth kit with the system.

Quick Reply: Best 4"+ lift if Money was no Object