Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 4" lift?

Old 03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 4" lift?

I just bought a new 09 Wranger 4-door. I've been looking at lifts and want to know what you guys recommend.

I'm looking to spend $2200 or less (installed).

TeraFlex seems to be a good brand, brand I'm confused between the differences of their 4" lifts. They have a 4" Lift ($1,200), 4" Lift with Flex-Arms ($1,800) and a 4" Lift with long arms ($2200).

The 4" lift at $1200 really interests, but I don't the different between that and the flex-arms.

I've also briefly looked at Rock Krawler and Sky Jacker.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping the n00b in advance.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the TeraFlex 4" lift does not include the Flex Arms, which is all eight control arms. The Flex Arm with Flex Arms has the control arms and the long arm has long arms, but you have to cut all of the control arm mounts off of the frame and install new mounts for the long arms. Much more work, but a better ride and more flex.
Here is a link to the TeraFlex 2009 Catalog. You can also PM the Joe, the TeraFlex rep. and he can help answer your questions.

Last edited by Robar; 03-02-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not going to reccomend anything, because I know very little compaired to most of these guys. The best way to get a good recomendation for what you need and what you can get within your budget is to call up David at northridge4x4. He reccomended for me the Teraflex 3" kit that came with lower front flex arms and upper rear ones (I plan to add the other 4 when I can) and I also added the JKS adj. Track arms front and rear and swaybar disconnects. The rest was just the standard stuff in the tera 3" (extended brake lines/ brake brackets, coil spring retainers, springs, rear extended sway bars, etc.) They matched up great with my Old Man Emu Long travel shocks. They produce a great ride, great flex, and the price was just under $2000. The lift yeilded me about 5" front and 4.2" back with my 2 door. It is level and looks and rides great. I don't think the 4" kit is much off in price.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey where in Utah are you? You should come by and visit TeraFlex! Give me a call! We have 3 different short arm kits and 2 different Long Arm kits.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Hey where in Utah are you? You should come by and visit TeraFlex! Give me a call! We have 3 different short arm kits and 2 different Long Arm kits.
That's what I'd do (Call Joe). Joe knows his stuff and you can't go wrong with Teraflex kits and service.

Quick Reply: Best 4" lift?