Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 37 for an 18" rim

Old 03-14-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockroaster

Never heard of those. Any good? (pitbull rockers)
Amazing tires. My buddy's all run em on their dedicated off road rigs. But they are bias ply so the wear well but really quick. They are amazing in snow and on road. Try take a little while to "warm up" when you first drive everytime. Not the best dd tire even tho it's an amazing tire.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sringer

Amazing tires. My buddy's all run em on their dedicated off road rigs. But they are bias ply so the wear well but really quick. They are amazing in snow and on road. Try take a little while to "warm up" when you first drive everytime. Not the best dd tire even tho it's an amazing tire.
Cool thanks for the info. Anyone have some input on the driveshaft question above?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Toyo mts ride great on the highway. I got almost 50k miles out of my 37s on a dodge 2500. Not too loud either.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Hate mud grapplers, they ride like crap and every 18 year old kid has them, the Toyo's are really heavy compared to tires in the same sizes which can make a difference. Mickey thompson mtz are nice and last a while but once they get some wear on them they get loud, for me the best is the BFG km2. they are quiet, ride better than any mud tire out there, and i got almost 40000 on the set on my tj and there is about 20-30k left
Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

i like the interco SSR's
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeff76
Toyo mts ride great on the highway. I got almost 50k miles out of my 37s on a dodge 2500. Not too loud either.
Originally Posted by coleadcock1234
Hate mud grapplers, they ride like crap and every 18 year old kid has them, the Toyo's are really heavy compared to tires in the same sizes which can make a difference. Mickey thompson mtz are nice and last a while but once they get some wear on them they get loud, for me the best is the BFG km2. they are quiet, ride better than any mud tire out there, and i got almost 40000 on the set on my tj and there is about 20-30k left
Thanks guys. That's some very helpful info. Numbers were exactly what I was looking for to do some comparisons, although I know it can certainly differ due to driving habits and vehicle weight, etc.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

So, I have another question. I am going with a 6 inch lift. I know I am going to have to get new driveshafts, but how long could I, our even could I, run the stock shafts before switching to the aftermarket shafts? Just curious from the aspect of cutting down on initial costs. it looks like there are some people on here still running Stock shafts with there lifts.
So anyone have some input on this question? Gotta be somebody who knows
Old 03-16-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

So anyone have some input on this question? Gotta be somebody who knows
I can't speak from experience, but from my research here, 6" is going to require new shafts for sure.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I've been saving up for abit, plus I have a connection for a good price.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKagermeister

I can't speak from experience, but from my research here, 6" is going to require new shafts for sure.
Yeah I knew it would, but I was wondering if I could make it like even a month or so with no wheeling on the factory shafts. I have a small gap between the build and my first offroad run with the new lift.

Quick Reply: Best 37 for an 18" rim