Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 35x12.5x17 tire

Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 35x12.5x17 tire

Currently running the fierce attitude mtr on my jeep about to need some new ones. Been very happy with them but might make a change to an AT. What in your opinion is the best at in this size for around 300$ a tire. Thanks
Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Ive personally like bf Goodrich because of the weight of the toyo.. The new all terrain is coming out for sale in nov maybe it's worth the wait..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1897509477.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	574882  
Old 09-08-2014, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

The ko2's look awesome...not sure my tread can last that long though.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't want a terribly aggressive tire, but one that will last 50K plus and does decent in all terrain, look at the Cooper AT3. Middle ground is the Cooper ST Maxx
Old 09-08-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "best tore" is the one suited to tour vehicle and application. On road? off road? winter weather? Snow? Dry snow? Wet snow? Sub freezing temps? Mid off road? Rock crawling off road? Weight of vehicle to consider load range of tire? Too many variable to just take the advice of people who favor a tire for various reasons.

I consider my usage. Primarily my daily driver but sees tails in the Colorado Rockies nearly every weekend. I currently have Nitto Trail Grapplers but considering Terra Grappler on my next go around. Why? Siping in the tread and not much mud here. Mostly dry and with rock. A mud tore is only good in deep snow if you get enough wheel spin to clear the treads. Otherwise, having snow pack into the sipes gives better traction. Another consideration, the terra comes on load range d as compared to my current range E. Stiffer ride, more wear on components, etc.

After having a variety of tires on my dodge ram, land rover discovery, Isuzu rodeo and now jeep JKUR and Volvo Xc 90, Nitto only on any truck or SUV for me. Cars? Michelin only.

In the end, do your research, but he appropriate tire for your rig & use. Simply going by the brand of another's preference, most often leaves a discerning buyer with remorse. Assuming you are on here for solid advice, I'm thinking you will be disappointed if you just buy what people tell you vs. researching tires for your specific use.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Assuming you are on here for solid advice, I'm thinking you will be disappointed if you just buy what people tell you vs. researching tires for your specific use.
x2. Yep, too many people think there is always a quick and easy answer, and can't be bothered to actually give any information on their particular situation/needs, or do any research on the products mentioned by others to see if they will actually suit their intended use.

But, I am running falken wildpeak/rocky mountain now, so it is obviously the 'best' and everyone should run out an buy a set!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

KM2's.

/thread
Old 09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Open Country M/T.

You will not regret it.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I was going to buy A/T tires I would look at the Falken Wildpeak A/T they look nice come in a ton of sizes and preform well. I had a set on a truck and was very pleased. BFG, Nitto, and Toyo are always a good choose as well. So many good tires in this category it's hard to go wrong.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran Falken wild peak at for two years and they were ok for a while but once the tread wears down a bit they suck!! For everything!! I wouldn't recommend them because most of the tread pattern only goes about half way thoroughly the lugs and once it wears out it leaves you with slicks basically. Even when they are new they still look like little girl tires.

I now run Nitto Trail Grapplers and Love them. Not only do they look badass they perform great in everything. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I drive my jeep everyday sometimes 100 miles a day and love them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-608323552.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	574953   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2396159558.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	574954  

Quick Reply: Best 35x12.5x17 tire