Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 3"- 4" Lift for under $2,500?

Old 11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by King Con
Hello Everyone, I am about to take delivery of a 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited X, and I want to put on some 35" tires with possibly later on putting on 37's. I would like your recommendations on what lift is the best for under $2,500. I would really like to have reservoir shocks on this Jeep. This Jeep will be my daily commuter, so I will probably be on the highway 85% of the time, and off-road 15% of the time. My biggest concern is to have a Jeep that is "highway drivable" everyday, and not "squirley", even if I have to sacrifice some off-road ability. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, King Con
If you are going to drive through Billings on your way home, send me a private message. I own 295 acres about 30 minutes north of town that I've turned into an off road playground. We have mild to impossible, and everything in between.

We can show you what your Rubi is capable of in stock form and give you a chance to see JKs with different lift designs/brands and tire sizes.

You may decide to allocate your funds towards regearing, and run 37s with flat flares and a 2.5" lift that allows you to keep stock control arms.

I've run or driven Teraflex, AEV, Currie, Rock Krawler, EVO, Old Man Emu, Zone/BDS, Metal Cloak, and custom setups. So, I could give you an unemotional opinion.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out Full-Traction Premium Plus & Ultimate kits.

For great 3-4 inch JEEP JK kits under $2500.00 check out the Full-Traction Premium Plus, Ultra Plus & Ultimate kits. Highest qualiy components combined with 0% maintenance bushings. Complete Line of Jeep Suspension systems available. Made in USA. Order by phone or online direct.
Click this link. 3.0-in Premium Plus 0% Maintenance SRS Suspension FREE SHIPPING - Full-Traction Suspension
Old 11-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by King Con
Hello Everyone,

I am about to take delivery of a 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited X, and I want to put on some 35" tires with possibly later on putting on 37's. I would like your recommendations on what lift is the best for under $2,500. I would really like to have reservoir shocks on this Jeep. This Jeep will be my daily commuter, so I will probably be on the highway 85% of the time, and off-road 15% of the time. My biggest concern is to have a Jeep that is "highway drivable" everyday, and not "squirley", even if I have to sacrifice some off-road ability. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

King Con

Two things (that I am not sure if mentioned) are your drive shafts and exhaust modifications.

With that much highway, you should strongly consider our RS9000XL adjustable shock. You set the firmness of your shocks. Now that is nice.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
Having a Mopar Performance warranty is no different than having a Teraflex warranty. Chrysler won't warranty Mopar Performance or Teraflex parts. Chrysler won't warranty factory parts that fail as a result of the installation of Mopar Performance or Teraflex parts. The installation of either Mopar Performance or Teraflex parts does not void the Chrysler warranty of factory parts.
The paper that I got says any failure of a factory part as a result of the lift is covered. Yes it is covered by mopar. It has a mopar part #. Maybe it is a dealer thing.

Sent using smoke signals
Old 11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could give you an unemotional opinion.
Silly goose.... you know what I meant.

But what about this land.... where can I learn more?
Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mopar stage 3 $2250 dual fox shocks
Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
The paper that I got says any failure of a factory part as a result of the lift is covered. Yes it is covered by mopar. It has a mopar part #. Maybe it is a dealer thing.

Sent using smoke signals
If you look it up, the part number is for Mopar Performance.

Mopar and Mopar Performance are not the same. Mopar does not have suspension lifts. Mopar Performance does.

Chrysler will cover Mopar parts that are installed by the dealer. Chrysler will not cover Mopar Performance parts.

If your driveshaft fails due to the sharpness of the angles from a Mopar Performance lift, neither Chrysler or Mopar Performance will cover a replacement driveshaft.

It's not a dealer thing per se, other than your dealer made a huge margin on the Mopar Performance parts and labor on installation. So, your dealer is more likely to take the time to document failure of factory parts to show that they were not caused by the Mopar Performance parts. In the end, if factory parts fail due to the use of aftermarket parts--including Mopar Performance parts--Chrysler will not pay for it.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Silly goose.... you know what I meant.

But what about this land.... where can I learn more?
Of course,

Privately owned. Invitation only. No charge. Cell service. No services. 30 minutes north of Billings, MT.

If you are driving through Billings for some reason--on your way to South Dakota Black Hills (Sturgis), Yellowstone National Park, Beartooth Mountains, Big Horn Mountains, Custer's Last Stand, etc.--give me a shout. I'm always looking for an excuse to go wheeling, identify new crazy obstacles, etc.

Last edited by planman; 11-25-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Of course,

Privately owned. Invitation only. No charge. Cell service. No services. 30 minutes north of Billings, MT.
Not to hi-jack but I'm planning on moving up to Billings next month, is there a group up there? Link if you have one? Looks like you have a fun piece of property!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course,

I'm going to talk with some buddies and see when is a good time for us to make a trip up there. Looks like some fun wheeling!

Quick Reply: Best 3"- 4" Lift for under $2,500?