Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 3"- 4" Lift for under $2,500?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 AM
RND
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
Are you installing it? If not, labor will put a serious dent in your budget. I running the 3.5" Rock Krawler lift with 37" Terra Grapplers. It makes for a good DD and trail rig. I think one of the vendors has a RK specials that includes free Bilstiene shocks. You can always upgrade them later as your budget allows.
I'd upgrade from free bilsteins IMMEDIATELY
Old 11-24-2013, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RND
I'd upgrade from free bilsteins IMMEDIATELY
And what's wrong with 5100s? They're probably the most commonly run shocks on this forum.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

For what you are describing I would keep it closer to a 2"-2.5" to keep the drivability as good as you can get it. Res shocks will give you about 1/2" more down travel over the same no res model and that is all the benefit you are going to get out of them where you live and what you are going to do. A 5100 and 5160 shock will ride the same, you will just pay a little more for the bling factor. Personally I would go up to a 7100 series shock that is rebuildable and re-valvable instead of the throw away 5100 series. Fox, king, and sway a way also have shocks that are rebuildable depending on the budget.

You might want to look at this link as well to further familiarize yourself with your suspension and what each component does. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

Good luck with the build.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hooper
I would go with 3" TereFlex. I like to keep my Jeep lower. You can still run big tires with a 2.5" lift with flat flares. With a smaller lift just add some good skid plates and you can go just about anywhere.
I don't know anything really about Tereflex, but the lift height recommendation is dead on!

A high center of gravity is a bad & potentially dangerous thing...

I have the 3" BDS and when I went to 33's to 37's, my shop that works on my Jeep talked me into adding a one inch spacer on top of all 4 springs to help with travel and clearance a little bit

If I had a 5"-6" lift I'd be uncomfortably high off of the ground

Matthew
Old 11-25-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I paid 2080.00 for mopar 3 in stage 3 lift and warranty in tact.

Sent using smoke signals
Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
I paid 2080.00 for mopar 3 in stage 3 lift and warranty in tact. Sent using smoke signals
Having a Mopar Performance warranty is no different than having a Teraflex warranty.

Chrysler won't warranty Mopar Performance or Teraflex parts.

Chrysler won't warranty factory parts that fail as a result of the installation of Mopar Performance or Teraflex parts.

The installation of either Mopar Performance or Teraflex parts does not void the Chrysler warranty of factory parts.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If your running 85% highway and blacktop get something 2.5" and run 285's. Gas milage is in check and you will go just about everywhere minus over HUGE rocks. The plus of keeping the Jeep low is better drivability on road, more stable off road as well as better gas milage as well.

I am running a 2" leveling kit from teraflex with 285's in the summer and 265's in the winter and I go damn near everywhere. My jeep does everything I want it to with no huge hit in milage or ride quality.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

One thing you need to do is figure out how you want to run those 37's. Do you want a LCG type of Jeep? One with belly clearance? You can run 37's with flat fenders and a 2.5" lift just as fine as a 3.5" lift.

I think Metalcloak as one of the best suspension systems out. And at $2700 just $200 over your limit, you're looking at one of the top of the line kits out there! Definitely take a look at their videos they have on their website and search their company on here. If I had $2700 this is the way i'd go!

JK Wrangler 3.5" Old Man Emu Duroflex Mid-Arm Suspension System

Now, if you're only going to do some mall crawling or just dirt roads and no rock climbing, take a look at the AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Lift or the RK 2.5 flex system and then add some flat fenders when upgrading to the 37's.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/ae...pension-2-door

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/ro...m-rkjk25fs-kit

You will not be disappointed with any one of these kits. Very well made and they all have some of the best customer service in the business.

Last edited by meep97; 11-25-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP.... you set yourself up for failure with your question. All you're likely to get out of it is emotion.... as in I am emotional over the fact that I spent so much cash, it must be the best.

That or you have paid fan boys floating around.... many more than you might imagine. Of course, the minions of non paid fan boys trumps all.

The only person that can give real advice as you asked for is the one that has run multiple setups (for some time) and can compare them, even still... emotion likely runs deep.

The other GREAT advice you can get is non brand specific... as in how and why do certain things work or not and look at the kits to see how badly they fucked up (and not a single kit out there isn't a compromise of one kind or another).
Old 11-25-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Rock krawler 2.5 kit on 35s with stock fenders. I love the kit. Not overly tall and will go over everything

Quick Reply: Best 3"- 4" Lift for under $2,500?