Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 2" Lift for the $??

Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best 2" Lift for the $??

Hey guys,
I recently purchased my fiance a 2011 jeep unlimited. I am looking to put a 2" lift on it to fit the 33" tires. I am wondering what would be the best lift. Also, if i get a 2" lift what shocks would I need to look for?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marshjo
Hey guys,
I recently purchased my fiance a 2011 jeep unlimited. I am looking to put a 2" lift on it to fit the 33" tires. I am wondering what would be the best lift. Also, if i get a 2" lift what shocks would I need to look for?

Thanks in advance guys!
TeraFlex Leveling kit #1155200 $133.99. You can use the stock wheels/tires and shocks with it.

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...eling-kit.html

Old 10-06-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question for teraflex

Will the leveling kit still clear 33's with a aftermarket bumper and winch up front or do I need to upgrade the shocks?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stuozzy
Will the leveling kit still clear 33's with a aftermarket bumper and winch up front or do I need to upgrade the shocks?
if you are considering aftermarket bumpers and winch your best bet is to spend a little extra and go with a Coil spring Lift set up. The stock springs are a major limiting factor and will sag bad with the added weight....I know all too well... Look at a TF or OME coil spring lift.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
if you are considering aftermarket bumpers and winch your best bet is to spend a little extra and go with a Coil spring Lift set up. The stock springs are a major limiting factor and will sag bad with the added weight....I know all too well... Look at a TF or OME coil spring lift.
Are you talking about the teraflex suspension budget boost?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also am considering getting the TF leveling kit. I plan on getting a new bumper sometime in the future but it wouldnt be anything extreme or prob heavy, is the leveling kit still ok for that?

The bumper im looking at is

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12006_320X_PG.htm
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with TeraFlex!

The coil spring lift is the way to go if you're going to add weight.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

So if i go with the coil spring lift from teraflex will i need to get new shocks as well? I just want to get the best ride i can get out of a lift.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Rubicon John
Go with TeraFlex!

The coil spring lift is the way to go if you're going to add weight.
X's 2. While the TF leveling kit would certainly work, why not get better springs in the process? Yeah, it's more money than the leveling kit, but I bet you would end up a lot happier with the better springs provided by TF's performance leveling (spring) kit. Down the road you could upgrade to better shocks over the OEM's and have yourself a great system...one that won't suffer the consequences of holding up aftermarket bumpers and whatever else you throw on.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marshjo
So if i go with the coil spring lift from teraflex will i need to get new shocks as well? I just want to get the best ride i can get out of a lift.
You could but you'll need shocks that have the same extended/compressed measurements. A coworker has this kit and the ELKA 2.5" shocks on his with some extra bumpstops.

Quick Reply: Best 2" Lift for the $??