Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 2.5" lift configuration recomendations

Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idaho
I run the AEV 2.5 dual sport with the geometry correction brackets and AEV Bilsteins on my 13 JKUR. Awesome ride and handling. AEV Savegre with 285/75R17. Couldn't be happier with the package!
That's a nice kit for light wheeling, for sure, but I'd never recommend it for someone planning to climb over rocks of any kind in the Rocky Mountains. It's simply not designed for that.

I do recommend it to others on a regular basis, though!

Last edited by palehorse; 01-18-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Didn't realize the Rockies ran over through DC

Just poking fun...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiBrian
I have the RK 2.5" Max Travel Pro kit and it's amazing!! On-road ride is smooth, and off-road handles great.
X2 for the RockKrawler kit!!! You won't be disappointed cuz its bada$$
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by palehorse
That's a nice kit for light wheeling, for sure, but I'd never recommend it for someone planning to climb over rocks of any kind in the Rocky Mountains. It's simply not designed for that.

I do recommend it to others on a regular basis, though!
That's the kit I'm running and since I don't do rock crawling it is the perfect kit for me. It could be made better, but fine for now.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
That's the kit I'm running and since I don't do rock crawling it is the perfect kit for me. It could be made better, but fine for now.

One of the most intelligent things I've seen on this forum. To the OP, really ask yourself what you intend to do with your jeep. Research lifts for what you intend to use it for, email different manufactures (they are going to try and sell you lifts, don't buy yet). Find people with the lift kits you narrow it down to. Ride with them and or just gather their opinions and decided what is best for you. If you noticed one post said the RK lift handles great off road...... in what way did he mean it? Most of your handling is going to come from your shocks. RK sells shocks but also recommend bilstein shocks.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy
Most of your handling is going to come from your shocks. RK sells shocks but also recommend bilstein shocks.
Which I ignored completely, and went with Fox! lol
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by palehorse
Which I ignored completely, and went with Fox! lol

Good stuff, man. I looked that those too, but couldn't find the right travel/lengths I wanted. What travel/length are your FOX's.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy
Good stuff, man. I looked that those too, but couldn't find the right travel/lengths I wanted. What travel/length are your FOX's.
I went with the longer 4-6" lift version of the Fox 2.0 IFPs, but doing so did cause my rear coils to fall out at full axle droop.

I'm solving that problem next weekend with: Teraflex 1/2" Rear Spacers with Guides (in place of the stock isolators), and some JKS Lower Rear Coil Retainers as well.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recommend RK. I went with the 3.5 Max Travel and it improved the on road handling so much the wife noticed > Off road it handles and flexes great. The best thing about these kits are the upgrades. You can start with the base kit and upgrade as needed or as the funds will allow. Call Northridge with your plans and they will guide you in the right direction.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Palehorse , I , watched a bunch of Rock krawler you tube videos after your post and am impressed and may have overlooked them to begin with.
A question I have Is in regards to on road quality.
I spoil my wife and she has a nice suv to drive her and my baby. Smooth.
She complains now that the stock ride in my 4 door rubicon is too rough. But she loves me and drives in it anyway even when she is easily prone to motion sickness.

So how much does road quality change with the RK 2.5. One of the reasons I had first choose OME is that I have heard of its excellent on road ride.

Quick Reply: Best 2.5" lift configuration recomendations