Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 2.5" lift configuration recomendations

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best 2.5" lift configuration recomendations

Hi everyone. Looking for help Planning a lift within the next year on my 2012 jkru doing a great deal of investigation. Here is what I am planning and looking for input with. Also would t mind if anyone can reference me a thread if this has been discussed before

I'd much rather put the best quality and save up for it over immediate and cheap

The project:

2.5 OME HD lift With aev Pinter wheels and 35" dick Cepek FC

Adding front and rear adj. track bar. (which brand is the best?

Front lower control arms ( I like the look of rock krawler but also heard currie, teraflex, and jks are good too. Don't know the difference.

1310 coast driveshaft

Is there steering gearbox enforcements brackets I should look at.

Anything else and why

Thxs in advanced
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Monster696
Hi everyone. Looking for help Planning a lift within the next year on my 2012 jkru doing a great deal of investigation. Here is what I am planning and looking for input with. Also would t mind if anyone can reference me a thread if this has been discussed before

I'd much rather put the best quality and save up for it over immediate and cheap

The project:

2.5 OME HD lift With aev Pinter wheels and 35" dick Cepek FC

Adding front and rear adj. track bar. (which brand is the best?

Front lower control arms ( I like the look of rock krawler but also heard currie, teraflex, and jks are good too. Don't know the difference.

1310 coast driveshaft

Is there steering gearbox enforcements brackets I should look at.

Anything else and why

Thxs in advanced
If your lift comes with a rear trackbar bracket to reinforce/raise your bar, you may not need to spend extra $$ on the adj rear trackbar. My lift is a 3.75", using TeraFlex rear trackbar axle mount, didn't need adj rear trackbar, nice and centered still.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently on my 2012 JKU Rubi I am installing a AEV Dualsport 2.5" coil lift with 5100 shocks and steering stabilizer, JKS front trackbar and AEV geometry brackets.

AEV lift includes new rear trackbar and bracket. I also will be installing 17x9 XD Spy's with 315/70/17 Duratracs and a Teraflex tire carrier. Think that's everything in the garage. I know some Sony like geometry brackets so get the JKS front CA's instead.

I did over 6 mths of research and came to the conclusion that I wanted a great on hwy ride with just enough muscle to get through the Florida sand and mud.

I will run for awhile and I am sure I will Re-gear soon. Look at the Teraflex videos also, they have great stuff and it was the matter of the progressive coils is why I went AEV. A lot of folks rave about the RK stuff too.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have any questions regarding our 2.5" line up, let us know. It is probably the most complete 2.5" coil line up in the industry from our basic Stock Mod System, all the way to our 2.5" Long Arm System with 3" Stretch!

Good Luck with your build!

RK
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

I have the RK 2.5" Max Travel Pro kit and it's amazing!! On-road ride is smooth, and off-road handles great.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Begin by asking yourself one question, and be sure to answer it honestly: What type of four-wheeling, if any, do I plan to do with my Jeep?

Mud bogging, easy trails and dirt roads, moderate rock crawling, crazy boulder crawling, speeding through the desert, etc.

We'll start there...

Last edited by palehorse; 01-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

It a daily driver for sure but love get in lost here in the rocky mountains. Mud, trails , and moderate rock. Id rather over kill on quality and strength to still get back home even on a rough day with the unexpected.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

For those mountains, I highly recommend the much more durable (and more complete) kits from Rock Krawler, MetalCloak, Currie, EVO, etc.

I run the RK 2.5" Max Travel, and it's rock solid. I added some welded C-gussets and LCA Skids from Artec Industries. Their JK axle armor kits are also rock solid!

OME is decent, but I think you can do better. Seriously, you really can't go wrong with any of the companies I listed above.

Last edited by palehorse; 01-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks palehorse
Old 01-18-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run the AEV 2.5 dual sport with the geometry correction brackets and AEV Bilsteins on my 13 JKUR. Awesome ride and handling. AEV Savegre with 285/75R17. Couldn't be happier with the package!

Quick Reply: Best 2.5" lift configuration recomendations