Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bent Tie Rod

Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent Tie Rod

Hey guys, noticed the other day that my tie rod looked like a taco, which explains why my last set of tires were wearing oddly up front... but which aftermarket tie rod setup is best? I was dead set on a Rock Krawler one but then read that a 3.5" lift is required to use it. Is that true? I disco up front and don't want any rubbing issues... I have about 2.5"-3" of lift if that helps. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by Robar; 06-11-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Blacklisted manufacturer
Old 06-11-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Currie rods aren't cheap, but are very strong. Tie rod probably won't work with 15" wheels, and you should check 16" wheels closely. Mine barely fit (16") only if wheel balance weights are located just right.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

I went with the Rock Krawler and it is truly a heavy duty piece. I have a 4 inch lift, so I dont know about the lift issue.

But the Krawler has taken some big hits, I really dont see bending it.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a bent tie rod also. Been debating between the currie and rock crawler myself. I did however adjust the tie rod to get my wheels back to where they need to be so I don't get messed up tire wear in mean time.

Quick Reply: Bent Tie Rod