Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bent sway link over tie rod again.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent sway link over tie rod again.

Running rubi front sway disconnect. First time this happened teraflex replaced by front sway link with a longer link. This past weekend, it happened again, sway link bent over tie rod. Is this happening to everyone out there running the front rubi edisco?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem here. Your swaybar should sit just abit above level when connected
Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

I had the same issue. Bent 2 Teraflex links, by axle droop.

I think the only fix is longer links, keeping the sway bar above level enough to not fully extend and reverse. Or straps.

I went to JKS full manual disconnects then to a Currie Antirock; zero issues with either.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have no issues with my JKS quick disco's
Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened on my 09 Rubicon. The ECU is programmed to re-engage the sway bar at a very low speed and it happens all the time to people on the trail....trucking along at 6mph, flex, and WRAP. You want to fix it? Put in sway bar disconnects and manually disconnect the sway bar and tie it up while you're airing down. Neat idea from Jeep, but they should assume that we're not total dumbasses and think we need an electronic nanny to reconnect the sway bar knuckle.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Do you have any pics?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

The links supplied from teraflex had the sway bar angled up.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KSRubicon
Same thing happened on my 09 Rubicon. The ECU is programmed to re-engage the sway bar at a very low speed and it happens all the time to people on the trail....trucking along at 6mph, flex, and WRAP. You want to fix it? Put in sway bar disconnects and manually disconnect the sway bar and tie it up while you're airing down. Neat idea from Jeep, but they should assume that we're not total dumbasses and think we need an electronic nanny to reconnect the sway bar knuckle.
What would it locking back up have to do with it wrapping? Seems to me like it would only be from too much droop letting the bar flip?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi

No problems with mine yet. Although I run the Evo HD links. I also have 11" travel shocks and at full droop my swaybar links are almost straight with the Swaybar. I think, as it's been said you may need to extend your links.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is the result of your end links reversing or flipping at full droop. You can add limiting straps, longer end links or raise the lower mounting location of your existing end links. I chose the latter as it was the easiest and cheapest fix. I used a piece of 1/4" bar stock to raise the attachment point for the bottom of the end link. I raised it about 1.5" and that solved the problem. Scrap steel lying around.......

Quick Reply: Bent sway link over tie rod again.