Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bent steering stabilizer

Old 08-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You've got to loosen the pinch nut down by the passenger knuckle then rotate the larger threading nut. You'll have to roll it over reach direction to see which way it's moving your wheel. My drag link is a different style so I don't have exact directions on which way the nut goes.
Ok I'll take a look at this in the morning. Thank you.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Can anyone tell me if the bracket is mounted backwards? I got a call back from corporate head quarters and the technician swears that the relocation bracket for the steering stabilizer is backwards or bolted incorrectly.

Anyone please confirm from one of the previous picture posts?
Old 08-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Going based off of your 'removed stabilizer' pic, they rotated the bracket on your tie rod towards the front of the jeep. The shock should have been sitting directly over top of the tie rod and not trying to reach out in front of it.

Edit....your first pic looks like it may have been in the right spot

Last edited by karls10jk; 08-17-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Going based off of your 'removed stabilizer' pic, they rotated the bracket on your tie rod towards the front of the jeep. The shock should have been sitting directly over top of the tie rod and not trying to reach out in front of it.

Edit....your first pic looks like it may have been in the right spot
ok. Im sorry. I should have been more specific. You are referring to the tie rod clamp. I was talking up at the other end. The actual relocation bracket that is bent. That's the bracket they are saying is backwards but I think once again this is an issue of them not understanding what a relocation bracket is/does.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't even take it back to that shop or any affiliate of theirs, get your money back and go somewhere else.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Christ! Just grab a stabilizer from 4Wheelparts and drive that thing up to Simi Saturday and I'll fix it.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks so much guys. The final resolve at corporate is that they will pay for an off road shop who specializes in jeep (Laguna Nigel &#128521 to put a new teraflex stabilizer on, new relocation bracket and new tie rod collar plus an alignment.

I had to leave town this week but will get the work done to it on Friday when I return.

It's just crazy how they couldn't figure out how to adjust the drag link to center my steering wheel. I really think the alignment is close to good but since the steering wheel is so far off it pulls and does all sorts of weird stuff.

Terrible experience.

Quick Reply: Bent steering stabilizer