Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bent a piece on my axle, help.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626
Will they work with the stock arms?

The EVO skids will not work. They are just skids only and not the control arm bracket. You need new control arm brackets.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by middlezg
i hit a ditch and the suspension compressed so hard a bolt on one of the linkages(?) came up and sliced my oil filter....my first thought was oil pan but i guess i got lucky.Attachment 208498 tough guard my ass
One of the bolts from one of the linkages? Dude thats not possible. I'd have a real close look at the front end and see what really happened. Mabe a stout stick came up and hit the filter, but it wasnt the suspension no matter how hard you compressed it.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scotty6336
One of the bolts from one of the linkages? Dude thats not possible. I'd have a real close look at the front end and see what really happened. Mabe a stout stick came up and hit the filter, but it wasnt the suspension no matter how hard you compressed it.
X2 on this
Old 09-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by Rubicon10
The EVO skids will not work. They are just skids only and not the control arm bracket. You need new control arm brackets.
Just so we are clear. Yes this perticular JK (OP) will need to have a completely new control arm mount welded on. I was just stating that the EVO Control Arm Skids are intended to prevent this from happening. So after he replaces that control arm mount, that he look into installing the EVO Skids or making something similar so this does not happen again.

Yes the EVO Control Arm Skids will work with stock control arms or any aftermarket arms (all arms).

EVO..
Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Andrew is right, Dynatrac can get you the control arm mount to have welded on AND the control arm skids are the best $30 you'll spend to prevent it. EVO makes the best S***.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew@EVOMFG
Just so we are clear. Yes this perticular JK (OP) will need to have a completely new control arm mount welded on. I was just stating that the EVO Control Arm Skids are intended to prevent this from happening. So after he replaces that control arm mount, that he look into installing the EVO Skids or making something similar so this does not happen again.

Yes the EVO Control Arm Skids will work with stock control arms or any aftermarket arms (all arms).

EVO..
Correct my friend. I didnt mean your skids wont work if you already have mounts on there. I wanted to make sure he knew that he needed the mounts first and then he could get the skids put on.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scotty6336
Im not sure what its called, but i can look down and see the exact bolt that lines up just enough to clip into the filter (if pushed hard enough). il post a pic when i get a chance.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

this isnt mine, i googled it to get a pic...but this is the bolt that clipped it.Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	209685
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Upper control arm bolt? Wow man...that's a lot of flex. How deep was that ditch haha??

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.656195,-87.484229
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

it was more the angle and the speed than the deepness that got me.

Quick Reply: Bent a piece on my axle, help.