Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bent frame

Old 08-20-2015, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I hit a jersey barrier over the winter at 40mph straight on.. i was like oh shit my jeep is totaled..
I cant believe my frame didnt bend. My plastic bumper and crush cans took all the force.

I found a new bumper metal frame on craigs list for free. And a new plastic shroud online for 54$.

I thought the jeep held up amazing.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tribulation138
Wow. I hit a jersey barrier over the winter at 40mph straight on.. i was like oh shit my jeep is totaled.. I cant believe my frame didnt bend. My plastic bumper and crush cans took all the force. I found a new bumper metal frame on craigs list for free. And a new plastic shroud online for 54$. I thought the jeep held up amazing.
See that's the thing there was no give on the hit. Definitely not with a boulder and my bumper is 1/4inch steel and all it got was nice gouge and some missing paint. Something had to give and for me it was the frame, it's all part of the game.

Last edited by JKBud; 08-20-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Bent frame