Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bent evo flipped draglink.. OPTIONS???

Old 08-03-2015, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent evo flipped draglink.. OPTIONS???

I know it's just a right side drive draglink, but I'm wondering what draglink I can replace it with? Is synergy the only brand? What would bet best best. I don't need anything overbuilt, just something a little more stout.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots go synergy, but theres alot better than that evo shit one. They should have labeled it as an oem part and kept there name off it. I watched one bend on stock tires from a minimal hit. I made my own but i run heims.

Last edited by Maertz; 08-04-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Lots go synergy, but theres alot better than that evo shit one. They should have labeled it as an oem part and kept theres off it. I watched one bend on stock tires from a minimal hit. I made my own but i run heims.
What's the benefit to running heims over a tie rod style joint? I think mine bent literally by bumping a dirt wall with the tire slightly turned. So it basically turned my tire whichever way I had it turned but more of course. I had to straighten the wheel out to get back on top of the drop and I'm assuming that's when it happened. I need something that's not gonna bend. Pm me if you can save me some money hahahah
Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

The EVO is just a right hand drive Mopar draglink. Get a Synergy with 2 greasable long lasting 1 ton rate tres and call it a day.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bombout800

What's the benefit to running heims over a tie rod style joint? I think mine bent literally by bumping a dirt wall with the tire slightly turned. So it basically turned my tire whichever way I had it turned but more of course. I had to straighten the wheel out to get back on top of the drop and I'm assuming that's when it happened. I need something that's not gonna bend. Pm me if you can save me some money hahahah
Not much benefit to a heim. I guess misalignment in long travel scenarios. And also in my scenario i have tons of spare ones. I wouldnt do what i did for yours even though its dirt cheap, youd have to drill pitman arm and knuckle possibly.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Nooo not a crappy stock DL bending.
X 2 Synergy.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Teraflex also makes a heavy duty draglink, same quality as Synergy.

Quick Reply: Bent evo flipped draglink.. OPTIONS???