Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

benefits of fully adjustable control arms?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default benefits of fully adjustable control arms?

what are the benefits of having 8 fully adjustable control arms?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

Allows you to properly align the front and rear axle under the vehicle and adjust the caster angle of your drive shafts. If you are under 3" lift, the front lower and rear uppers are the only arms you need for proper caster adjustment. The other two will allow for more articulation off-road as well as finite adjustments.

Depending on the lift height, long-arms will allow you to relocate the frame side mounts to remove binding short-arms would cause, in turn improving on-road driving manners and better axle articulation off-road.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

so for example the full traction 4" premium flex vs the full traction 4" ultimate the biggest differences i see is 4 more control arms which are all adjustable and an adjustable rear track bar is that really worth the extra $700?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by desertrunner
so for example the full traction 4" premium flex vs the full traction 4" ultimate the biggest differences i see is 4 more control arms which are all adjustable and an adjustable rear track bar is that really worth the extra $700?
If you can afford it, Yes it is worth it.

True, you do have 5 additional bars to check whenever you check your suspension ( if you do at all). But you will be able to zero in your ride much smoother than without adjustable arms.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 PM
JK Super Freak

what are the benefits of having 8 fully adjustable control arms?
I think if your even considering 8 arm you might as well invest into a long arm
Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Former Member

On the 4" kit, upper arms is just enough to get your jeep steering correctly on the road. If your planning on wheeling hard, I would suggest replacing all 8 arms. The lower arms take a good beating.

Running just 4 arms does not center the axle perfect like the 8 adjustable control arms can. It just depends on your budget, your wheeling habits on what kit to choose.

What size tires do you want to run?

Originally Posted by snopro269
I think if your even considering 8 arm you might as well invest into a long arm
Its about a $2,000 difference installed price on a short arm to long arm kit..
Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
On the 4" kit, upper arms is just enough to get your jeep steering correctly on the road. If your planning on wheeling hard, I would suggest replacing all 8 arms. The lower arms take a good beating.

Running just 4 arms does not center the axle perfect like the 8 adjustable control arms can. It just depends on your budget, your wheeling habits on what kit to choose.

What size tires do you want to run?
I do plan on wheeling hard eventually maybe not right off the bat but while i have the money i want to build it right the first time
i plan on running 35s for now and a few years down the road plan on upgrading to 37s
and i do have the money for a complete kit will all 8 arms i was just kinda curious how much they really helped just because i have the money doesnt mean i want to spend it all if i dont have to
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I do plan on wheeling hard eventually maybe not right off the bat but while i have the money i want to build it right the first time
i plan on running 35s for now and a few years down the road plan on upgrading to 37s
and i do have the money for a complete kit will all 8 arms i was just kinda curious how much they really helped just because i have the money doesnt mean i want to spend it all if i dont have to
I know teraflex has different short arm lengths for 4 arm setup to 8 arm.

Quick Reply: benefits of fully adjustable control arms?