Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Benchmark Rear Winch Bumper?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by untold
love it, but I'm not a big fan of having a rear winch. if u offer the same bumper without the winch, I would preorder now.
An air tank fits great in the same spot as the winch.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mskh20
I love it. A couple of questions: (1) is there room to cut in at least one reverse light (possibly on the driver's side of the bumper); (2) does the tire carrier open with the rear gate or is it separate; and (3) is the gas can the center mount type like are sometimes found on 4x4 quads (and, if so, is there enough room there to run two of the 5 gallon larger rectangular style gas cans)? Thanks, and again, nice work.

I think I'm going to have to go change my "to do" list now.
1. Yes, something we can look at.

2. Opens independent of the tailgate.

3. Yes, it's the center mount style. Clearance for the other rotopax should be fine. I don't have any of the others here to test fit.

Glad you like it!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benchmark Designs Inc.
3. Yes, it's the center mount style. Clearance for the other rotopax should be fine. I don't have any of the others here to test fit.
I recently came across dimensions for the NATO gerry cans. If you need them, I can dig them back up. Just in case.

As for the backup lights - *two* of them.

If a hitch is part of the works, will you include provisions for safety chains? Also, a place to put the wiring plug (not sure what it's called) would be awesome. Hey, doesn't hurt to ask!

Again, good job ... the fact that you're always so willing to solicit and incorporate feedback is one of the bigger reasons that several of your products are on my "to do" list. Having top-notch products doesn't hurt, either.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benchmark Designs Inc.
An air tank fits great in the same spot as the winch.
I do really like the swing arm design, and the Roto-Pax Mount. maybe i can swing it after taxes!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi

I have to say I can't stop looking at this bumper. A few more questions:

1) Imagine you are buried pretty good in some mud...it seems like the winchline might rub on the bottom of the tire due to the direction of pull (well, probably not the 35's I'd be running but maybe on larger tires.) Could you just swing out and lock the tire before winching?

2) Regarding the space that is cut out of the top and front of the bumper for winch access. I am picturing the possibility to take the piece that was removed and utilize it as a removable cover. It would conceal the winch and lessen the chance of hitting the winch in day to day activities (like loading up my dog for a run or throwing stuff in the back.) Would that be possible or does the winch stick up just enough that it couldn't be covered?

3) Final question - any estimate on when this bumper will be ready for pre-order/sale?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mskh20
I have to say I can't stop looking at this bumper. A few more questions:

1) Imagine you are buried pretty good in some mud...it seems like the winchline might rub on the bottom of the tire due to the direction of pull (well, probably not the 35's I'd be running but maybe on larger tires.) Could you just swing out and lock the tire before winching?

2) Regarding the space that is cut out of the top and front of the bumper for winch access. I am picturing the possibility to take the piece that was removed and utilize it as a removable cover. It would conceal the winch and lessen the chance of hitting the winch in day to day activities (like loading up my dog for a run or throwing stuff in the back.) Would that be possible or does the winch stick up just enough that it couldn't be covered?

3) Final question - any estimate on when this bumper will be ready for pre-order/sale?

1. Yes, the tire carrier can be opened for additional winch line clearance. The tires in the pic are 39.5".

2. The opening for the winch is created when the material is laser cut from a flat sheet. Then the bumper is formed, so that cover piece never exists the way we're talking about it. I left the winch accessible so that you can easily respool your line evenly. That's one of the problems with other rear winch bumpers that hide the winch up under the tub. The cable gets all bunched up and tangled.

3. Pricing and preorders on Monday. Shipping within 2-3 weeks.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OnBelay
I recently came across dimensions for the NATO gerry cans. If you need them, I can dig them back up. Just in case.

As for the backup lights - *two* of them.

If a hitch is part of the works, will you include provisions for safety chains? Also, a place to put the wiring plug (not sure what it's called) would be awesome. Hey, doesn't hurt to ask!

Again, good job ... the fact that you're always so willing to solicit and incorporate feedback is one of the bigger reasons that several of your products are on my "to do" list. Having top-notch products doesn't hurt, either.
I'm looking into light options.

The hitch mount does have provisions for attaching safety chains, so you're covered there.

Most trailers that you'd tow with a JK have a simple flat-4 wiring connector that doesn't need a mount.

Thanks for all the great questions and feedback!

Originally Posted by untold
I do really like the swing arm design, and the Roto-Pax Mount. maybe i can swing it after taxes!

Sounds great!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

awesome looking bumper, I'll be in the market for a rear bumper soon and this one tops the list , hopefully it will be within my price reach when it comes time GREAT JOB
Old 10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Well?!

Hey *Benchmark Designs Inc*!!!!

Where is the "rear Bumper on Stock Rubicon" pics?!

I am still waiting!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A.R.X-D
Hey *Benchmark Designs Inc*!!!!

Where is the "rear Bumper on Stock Rubicon" pics?!

I am still waiting!!!
Right here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=benchmark

And here: www.benchmarkdesigns.com

Quick Reply: Benchmark Rear Winch Bumper?