Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bedlining tub

Old 05-24-2012, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the advice on the battery, i dont want any unnessary codes. And i would rather do a roll on just so i know it will be even. I have sprayed with a rattle can a few projects and lets just say im not a even sprayer. Does the herculiner keep the same color after wash and sunlight with no odd fading in places?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sirisa0408

Your thread is what got my attention on bedlining it. I unfortunately have no compressor. Can you rent compressors? With spray/rattle can, did anyone get it somewhere it didnt need to be? If so, does it just wipe off if you catch it quick enough?
I think you can rent compressors from places like united rentals perhaps. Just make sure if you do rent one, get one that's strong enough to maintain good air pressure for you!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sirisa0408
I am planning on bedlining my interior this weekend an next. I work two jobs so it will take two weekends with conflictimg schedules. I plan on getting a gallon and using a roller to put it on. My only concern is, how did yall cover the drain holes, and did yall sand down the sound/heat stuff under front floor mats and rear seat. This is a two door btw. Also what did everyone do with the compartment at the rear with the jack in. Did you bedline it also, and did you put the cover back on it. I will post pics of my progress. I stripped the carpet today.
I just finished mine this morning. I rolled the whole thing. You can control the texture by the roller you use. I plugged about all the holes. Then rolled over the ones i didn't and there is NO need to plug any hole. Wasted an hr ;(.

I bed lined EVERYTHING except the dash board. Evn did the middle console. Love it!

Spray is good too, but couldn't get one.

I spent $80 for the whole thing. Used rustolium

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-439032526.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	321334
Old 05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Powerburn, how much did you use a gallon? On a 2dr?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Just make sure and use a good water seperator if you use a Shutz gun and a compressor. Pro-guard rubberized gravel guard is paintable and goes on and looks great. Remove or cover everything. The Shutz gun is a snow blower.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Powderburn
I just finished mine this morning. I rolled the whole thing. You can control the texture by the roller you use. I plugged about all the holes. Then rolled over the ones i didn't and there is NO need to plug any hole. Wasted an hr ;(.

I bed lined EVERYTHING except the dash board. Evn did the middle console. Love it!

Spray is good too, but couldn't get one.

I spent $80 for the whole thing. Used rustolium
LOL center console too ... I love it! What next? I wanna see someone tip the whole tub.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

How necessary is it to sand down and what have you guys used to sand? I'm really looking forward to doing this!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrutt9
How necessary is it to sand down and what have you guys used to sand? I'm really looking forward to doing this!
I am planning on doing this tomorrow. I believe all that needs sanding down is the heat/sound lines under rear sear and in the footwells upfront. I believe it just needs prepping real good, i.e somethin to remove grime,dirt, pollon off of the tub. I dont think it needs sanding due because its not like the outside, it isnt clearcoat and all
Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personally it's a lot of work to remove and prep so a little sanding when your already in there never hurts. Just make sure you take the shine off the paint. I'd rather error on the side of caution. Prepared mine by sanding and no flaking 2yrs now.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

So just taking off the shine? Do you have to primer? Or just go for it

Quick Reply: Bedlining tub