Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bedlining question....possibly stupid!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedlining question....possibly stupid!

So I'm going to be getting my tub Line X'ed soon and I'm just starting to prep the interior. I'm planning on taking out the sound deadening material, BUT I'm unsure if it's a dumb idea to remove the softer caulk in the corners....any advice? I'm shying away from removing it, but then again I'm the type of person that it would bother me if I found out I could take it out without doing harm.

HELP!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i would just leave it all there and bedline right over it. as it is, without your carpeting, you'll get a lot more heat and noise inside your jeep and anything that can help reduce either would be a good thing. or, at least to me anyway.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Just spray over it all.... heat/noise will be increased with carpets pulled, any help would be beneficial.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

In the process if removing the sound deadening I removed a lot of mine and I do regret it.

You can always fill in the spaces with new caulking after removing the material.

Quick Reply: Bedlining question....possibly stupid!