Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bedliner w/o Carpet (Spray in or Quadratec?)

Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliner w/o Carpet (Spray in or Quadratec?)

I've got a '07 4dr and have pretty much ran it without carpet since I bought it. I'll be the first to admit, I've abused the interior of the vehicle, the rear cabin is constantly covered in sand (I'm at the beach with gear 3 - 5 days/week all year).

So, I've got some extra money and time to fix it. I'm debating between using a floor liner like the Weathertech or Quadratec vs. spray in liner. My thoughts are that I want something semi-cushioned for my gear (kiteboard gear) and not something that is going to attract more heat in the summer. I'm not a huge fan of the spray-in liners that are gritty.

Has anyone used the Weathertech or Quadratec rear liners without carpet? Maybe apply some velcro or something to help keep it in place, any opinions?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bedtred comes to mind. Really nice stuff. It comes with factory style Velcro hold downs, looks like a smooth finish liner.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I like the Bedtred, but $600 is more than I really want to spend. Has anyone tried the Quadratec or Weathertech floor liners without carpet? Quadratec discouraged it, and stated they would move around too much, but with some velcro, etc. I would think it would be the most economical solution, especially in the rear cargo area.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I spent about $110 and did it myself with a spray in, I too didn't want a gritty surface but I found raptorliner and it came out great I think, not too gritty or sharp or anything like that. As long as you spray at a higher PSI (I chose 65psi) you'll get a finer spray.

Here's some pictures of the outcomes.

Be warned though, it's quite a bit of prep and work, it'll also smell for a bit so I'd suggest doing it in top off weather.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wwYjmLq.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	989.0 KB
ID:	679928

Name:	o5F9ZM5.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	995.7 KB
ID:	679929

Name:	SobHMko.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	940.0 KB
ID:	679930

Quick Reply: Bedliner w/o Carpet (Spray in or Quadratec?)