Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bedline grill!!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bedline grill!!

So im finally going to do it this weekend cant wait!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with it! Its pretty easy really. I did my grill and the hinges at the same time. Turned out great. Just some advice i learned, wait for a hot day that you can put things in the sun. I did mine on a cold day in the garage . . . . . . Lets just say it increased drying time by a sh*t ton

[attach=config]314891[/attach][attach=config]314892[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120422_223634.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	314891   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120422_223610.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	314892  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi

Nice!!! How did u do the hinges?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeek.olllllllo
nice!!! How did u do the hinges?
well i took them right off. Obviously made them a lot easier to paint for sure. But re-installing them was a bitch because you have to re-align the door so it shuts properly. Not a huge issue but it was super time consuming and aggrivating, so be ready. Plus when i used the torx bit to tighten the bolts back on to the door, the bit dug into the bedliner and pulled off some of the liner in the screw head. No big deal, just needed a touch up, but it was another issue. I'm planning to do the hinges for the hood, but i think i'm just going to tape everything off and spray them on the hood. I dont want to mess around with having to re-align the hood hinges!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK_R&D

well i took them right off. Obviously made them a lot easier to paint for sure. But re-installing them was a bitch because you have to re-align the door so it shuts properly. Not a huge issue but it was super time consuming and aggrivating, so be ready. Plus when i used the torx bit to tighten the bolts back on to the door, the bit dug into the bedliner and pulled off some of the liner in the screw head. No big deal, just needed a touch up, but it was another issue. I'm planning to do the hinges for the hood, but i think i'm just going to tape everything off and spray them on the hood. I dont want to mess around with having to re-align the hood hinges!
Oh man yeah i want to do my grill and hinges but i think ima going to wait on the hinges for now until summer to do all of them! I have a silver jku so i want to do the cowl also
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whatever you do, good luck with it! Post up some pics when your done!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 PM
JK Jedi

I sure will!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

The fastners holding the JK grill in are super easy to work with. Learned this after feeling like a pro upon completion of the JK then deciding it would be no big deal to do the same upgrade to our '97 4Runner. Huge difference in fastners!! Jk grill pretty much just snaps in.
Didn't do the liner finish, went with a rattle can of hammered black from Rustoleum. More like the Mountain edition look. Plus I used that on some other metal accessories I had added.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by thelouv
The fastners holding the JK grill in are super easy to work with. Learned this after feeling like a pro upon completion of the JK then deciding it would be no big deal to do the same upgrade to our '97 4Runner. Huge difference in fastners!! Jk grill pretty much just snaps in.
Didn't do the liner finish, went with a rattle can of hammered black from Rustoleum. More like the Mountain edition look. Plus I used that on some other metal accessories I had added.
Yeah it is easy to take off i did my grill inserts but they are coming off so this weekend im going to fix them and bed line the grill also really can't wait! Lol
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

What brand did you use? I'm doing my grill and interior this summer.

Quick Reply: bedline grill!!