Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bed line rubi rails

Old 08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed line rubi rails

Has anyone bed lined there rubi rails if so what steps did you take and could you post pics thanks
Old 08-10-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I raptor lined mine. But I made sure they were clean from oils and what not, just sprayed and they have held up great. The raptor liner instructions state that as long as there is texture to adhere to, then there is no need to prep them in that situation.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:01 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Scouring pad or a light pass with some 60 grit. No need to hit bare steel unless the rails have rust bubbling beneath the coating. Wipe clean with mineral spirits. If you have some bare spots of steel peaking through, hit it with U-POL primer acid etch#8. Follow that with 2 coats of raptor liner. The kit has 4 bottles, I'm thinking one should easily yield you 2 good coats.
Don't use the rustoleum or duplicrap, they spray terribly and scratch off so easy

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-11-2013, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Mine have started to have paint bubbling with surface rust. I've been thinking of taking them off and having them Rhino lined or something like that.

Quick Reply: bed line rubi rails