Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Beadlocks and/or tires from hell...

Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beadlocks and/or tires from hell...

I just got my Interco LTBs (35x12.5-16) a few days ago -- they were back-ordered for a while -- and I've been trying to mount them on some Champion Baja beadlocks. Oh what fresh hell is this... The first one wasn't too bad, except the 1 1/4" bolts were too short, so off I go to the hardware store to get some 1 1/2" bolts in order to start the squeeze. That worked out ok, except there's a 1/8" space between the two surfaces (after going around several times to end up at 15 lbs on each bolts) and there's only one or two threads showing on the backside. I figure that was probably normal, although I'd like a few more threads showing...

The second one has been a disaster. I had to get some 2" bolts, then switch to 1 1/2" bolts, and I still can't get it tight enough to start the 1 1/4" bolts. It's _almost_ there, but not quite -- I stripped 1-2 threads off some bolts because I though I was down far enough, but I wasn't.

The bead on this tire is 1 inch thick!

So, I figure I should probably change all the bolts to 1 1/2" -- it'll give me enough reach, and leave a few more threads showing on the backside.

What do you think? Is this typical for LTBs and/or beadlocks?

js.

Quick Reply: Beadlocks and/or tires from hell...