Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Beadlocks on Daily driver?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Probo
I'm thinking of one day getting a set of beadlocks... Is there ever a issue of the tire popping off on the inside of the wheel... Again very néw ti this... I'm just curious how the beadlocks keeps both sides from popping off ?
The inside of my AEV beadlocks have a very deep lip. I run at 8lbs when rock crawling and have never popped an inside bead (knock on wood)
Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dinojeep

Glad to hear your liking your new wheels. Those are aome nice ones too. Yeah, the mounting process is tedious but after the first one is done it is kind of enoyable.
Yeah, it took me almost 4 hours to do the first one because I was clueless. It took less than 1.5 hours for the other 4, with the last one taking about an hour! Lots ad lots of screws!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm glade to hear that you like your spyderlock wheels! I also are enjoying my spyderlock rims too! One of my best investments yet! Before Beadlocks I aired down to about 10 or 11 psi and now I air down to about 8 and man what a difference it makes! Not to mention how cool they look and the compliments I get on them! I talked to a cop who is starting to wheel with our group and he said if I was to get pulled over that they would more then likely not even know let alone look up the state code about DOT wheels being not legal. I'm not worried about it anymore needless to say! And I agree about the installation process! It took me hours to get it done but once we figured it out it was not too bad and was fun to do! A lot of lube to help get the ring on!!! Here are a couple pictures. Don't really have any good ones with new rims on. Rings are getting rashes up now and I love it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1595817096.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	249389   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-309275030.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	249390   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2575316132.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	249391  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kleinrider

Yeah, it took me almost 4 hours to do the first one because I was clueless. It took less than 1.5 hours for the other 4, with the last one taking about an hour! Lots ad lots of screws!
memories of getting intimate with my beadlocks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2097873446.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	249392  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Jeep Looks great Colegrove03. I dont see any problems with running beadlocks daily i would check the bolts everytime i fill up just like i check my oil. I too have 37in toyos but went with some crager soft 8s for the mean time because there cheap and easy to replace. After i order my bumpers and winch my next mod will be some trailready beadlocks.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jctnt1

memories of getting intimate with my beadlocks
LOL, I can relate! Here's a pic on mine. Still waiting for the bumpers to come in, so there's no spare on it.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

The Airsoft BBs balanced them perfectly as far as I can tell.
How do you use BB's / Airsoft BB's to balance?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EClass

How do you use BB's / Airsoft BB's to balance?
It's the same principle as dyna beads, but the BBs are bigger, and theoretically work better in the larger off road tires we use. I put 10 oz of BBs (I really just guessed at it, so it's probably more than 10 oz) in tire as I was mounting them. The B?bs are too big to fit through the valve stem, so the tire would have to new, or you'd have to have a bead popped to pour them in. I've had my Jeep up to 70+ my with no issues as far as balancing goes (man do I need to regear now...).

Quick Reply: Beadlocks on Daily driver?