Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Beadlocks - Anti-Seize the Bolts?

Old 12-24-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beadlocks - Anti-Seize the Bolts?

I have to run my beadlocks over the winter in snow/salt country and I'm thinking I should anti-seize all the beadlock bolts to keep them from corroding in?

Thoughts?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Yep, even says it right in the installtion instructions on mine.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the confirmation; I pulled all 120 of them and anti-seized them yesterday. I suspected as much (should anti-seize) but when I gut the wheels/tires back from the shop that did my mounting I didn't get a copy of the install instructions.

They did a good job mounting/balancing though, but there was no anti-seize on them.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any bonehead installer should know that either fastener lube or anti-seize is incredibly important to get proper torque settings on ANY fastener. This is especially important when it states so right in the instructions. I'd bring it to the installer's attention - probably not in a very nice way. Beadlocks are questioned for street use in so many forums. Part of the reason is improper torquing of the bolts leads to a compromised bead seal (think "boom!").

Quick Reply: Beadlocks - Anti-Seize the Bolts?