Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

beadlocks

Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beadlocks

ok so i am wanting some new wheels for my 11 jku i want to get beadlocks Now i have been looking and i have only been able to find to many that are 5x5 bolt pattern with a good backspacing to clear bigger tires on my stock for now jku. Now i am just trying to look for some 15" or 17" beadlocks, still undecided what would be better or if its just preference. if you guys know of any good beadlocks at maybe some different price ranges, steel and aluminum i'm open to any suggestions to start my search.

and if you have a comment on what size is preferred that would be much appreciated to.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Walker evans and The ATX slabs. Clayton offroad sells W. Evans
http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php/cPath/86_87
Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

ill check them out cheers
Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also Method racing had some a while back not sure what size they are or how they run but i remember seeing some good luck
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run spyderlocks and love them
Old 01-17-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Been running the AEV beadlocks for almost 3 years now. Two full winters. Been super happy with them.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

yeah the atx, aev and the spider's were really the only ones that i could find. i could find a bunch of steel beadlocks ones but they were all for the tj's and has anyone seen any that are steel ones for the jk's. sorry i am a noobie at this as well. i've seen like the trail ready and rugged ridge rim protectors. it says that they cover and protect the beads on the wheel. Do those sort of act as a bead lock or are they there for rock rash?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	WEBL.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	266154

17x9 Walker Evans on 4.5" BS for me with 35" rubber. I love them but a pain in the arse to torque the bolts haha
Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Raceline Monster aluminum beadlocks, made by Allied. Strong, high quality, and they look great.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Moe.JKU
yeah the atx, aev and the spider's were really the only ones that i could find. i could find a bunch of steel beadlocks ones but they were all for the tj's and has anyone seen any that are steel ones for the jk's. sorry i am a noobie at this as well. i've seen like the trail ready and rugged ridge rim protectors. it says that they cover and protect the beads on the wheel. Do those sort of act as a bead lock or are they there for rock rash?
I think I know what your talking about here, if it just says rim protectors than no it's a beadlock. I've had my AEVs for seven months and haven't had any problems. Great on and off road.

Quick Reply: beadlocks