Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bead locks

Old 12-27-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also for those who installed the beadlocks yourself. What valve stem did you all use? Whatever was at the local hardware store?
Old 12-27-2015, 06:30 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Also for those who installed the beadlocks yourself. What valve stem did you all use? Whatever was at the local hardware store?
both sets of my BL's came with the stems already installed. Straight stems on the Raceline's. Angled stems on the TR's. I'd be surprised if they didn't already come with them installed or at least loose packaged along with the ring bolts....
Old 12-27-2015, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
both sets of my BL's came with the stems already installed. Straight stems on the Raceline's. Angled stems on the TR's. I'd be surprised if they didn't already come with them installed or at least loose packaged along with the ring bolts....
Would be nice. I just watched one of the videos by method installing their beadlocks and they were not installed already. Maybe they did this to show how to do it for others watching it with different wheels, I don't know.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Would be nice. I just watched one of the videos by method installing their beadlocks and they were not installed already. Maybe they did this to show how to do it for others watching it with different wheels, I don't know.
The TPMS is built into valve stems so I installed factor mopar ones when I got my methods. Bought 5 on eBay for pretty cheap (don't remember the price). MR105’s do not come with them installed so you'll need to get some before installing your tires. I actually mounted a tire and forgot to install the valve stem first - boy was I pissed. Had to unmount it

Here they are - $60 for 5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-TPMS-Ti...-/121049816777

Last edited by sea bass; 12-27-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
The TPMS is built into valve stems so I installed factor mopar ones when I got my methods. Bought 5 on eBay for pretty cheap (don't remember the price). MR105’s do not come with them installed so you'll need to get some before installing your tires. I actually mounted a tire and forgot to install the valve stem first - boy was I pissed. Had to unmount it
Haha that sucks.

Found these on amazon really quick. Seem to work with the 2013 JK, but ill search around more.

http://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Dodge...5R09MV6AEFZC8Q
Old 12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Yup they are the same item numbers. I guess I can pick these up to use the function the Jeep has on it already lol. I should of kept my originals, lessons learned.

Well to help save on the cost and give me more knowledge of my bead locks I will be doing the install. Im just hoping my ARB twin compressor will do the job in setting the bead. If not I can throw the Jeep on stands and use the wife's car to take them to the local shop just for that.

Ordered my TPMS sensors
Valve stem install tool
Valve core tool
I already have a torque wrench, but may look into a different one.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

It should do fine I think. Just put it on a 5 file gallon bucket with the bead lock facing up. Gravity should help force the inner bead down.

Be sure to use anti-seize! I didn't torque it down as tight as the instructions said - think I stopped at 20lbs.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
It should do fine I think. Just put it on a 5 file gallon bucket with the bead lock facing up. Gravity should help force the inner bead down.

Be sure to use anti-seize! I didn't torque it down as tight as the instructions said - think I stopped at 20lbs.
Yeah I'll pick up some of that stuff as well. Did you or anyone have to use ring spacers with these wheels?
Old 12-28-2015, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

My neighbor did. He has cooper SST.

Northridge 4x4
Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
My neighbor did. He has cooper SST.

Northridge 4x4
Where are people ordering these spacers for the methods then if I end up needing them, directly from method?

Quick Reply: Bead locks